Port Pollenca to Estellencs training ride

We did this ride last weekend. 125km with 3300m of climbing.

Amazingly scenic, but demanding https://www.tramuntanacycling.com/en/po ... -calobra-9

1062265.jpg

If you are in Mallorca this year, maybe see if you can fit it in? As it is not an out and back route, a friendly driver may be needed to take you back home - or depending on how fit you are, Estellencs makes for an excellent lunch stop before turning around to retrace your steps :-)

Comments

• Cracking ride that. Wouldn't mind tackling that one myself come April but getting back to Pollensa might be interesting :roll:

Well done on your site. Any way to see your actual rides on Strava ? I see you have the routes via your website.
  • Cracking ride that. Wouldn't mind tackling that one myself come April but getting back to Pollensa might be interesting :roll:

Well done on your site. Any way to see your actual rides on Strava ? I see you have the routes via your website.

Thank you. The site has taken up a fair amount of our free time, but its been enjoyable. Now the best part will be to keep adding relevant info and get input from visiting cyclists.

We feel that we would rather keep our personal amazing cycling feats anonymous for now :-)

If getting back becomes an issue, Pollenca to Port Soller return is worth looking at. No Sa Calobra but its still an excellent day out, with lunch at the beautiful Port https://www.tramuntanacycling.com/en/po ... pollenca-5
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    we are there from the 31/3 and have this route planned with return via bunyola - alaro -selva - lluc - pollensa :D
  • at first I thought this is a marketing thread, but then I had a look at your lovely site and saw the photos and reaziled it's a resource site.

thanks for the lovely work in capturing all the data, esp the photos.

I've been going there on and off for 15 years and it's a gem of a place. if cyclists got together to brainstorm cycling paradise on earth, this is what it would look like

for shops, don't forget to add Mean Si Torn in Pollensa. They're not British run (Brits tend to stick close to home when abroad) but the owner and his son speak great English and they went out of their way to outfit my girlfriend on several occasions with a nice bike.

I'm sadly not going this year but will be back one day.
    The titifers have sung their song.

Now it's time for sleep.
  • at first I thought this is a marketing thread, but then I had a look at your lovely site and saw the photos and reaziled it's a resource site.

thanks for the lovely work in capturing all the data, esp the photos.

I've been going there on and off for 15 years and it's a gem of a place. if cyclists got together to brainstorm cycling paradise on earth, this is what it would look like

for shops, don't forget to add Mean Si Torn in Pollensa. They're not British run (Brits tend to stick close to home when abroad) but the owner and his son speak great English and they went out of their way to outfit my girlfriend on several occasions with a nice bike.

I'm sadly not going this year but will be back one day.

Thank you, we have enjoyed putting everything together. I love your comment about the brainstorming!

Pic below taken on 12th Jan

12.jpg
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Cant believe after cycling 40 odd thousand miles round the island over the last few years i leave and move back to england a few months before they did the road to the lighthouse. Used to do the first climb five times most morning before work but out to the lighthouse was so shocking could never be bothered. Im going back to decorate my house soon so will see if i can get a ride out and back while there
  • Cant believe after cycling 40 odd thousand miles round the island over the last few years i leave and move back to england a few months before they did the road to the lighthouse. Used to do the first climb five times most morning before work but out to the lighthouse was so shocking could never be bothered. Im going back to decorate my house soon so will see if i can get a ride out and back while there

Hope you manage it and that it brings back good memories.
  • manxshred
    manxshred Posts: 295
    I'm back for a holiday this year after going for the first time last year. I loved the riding, and in a strange way am glad I did the lighthouse route before they fixed it, although I am glad it has been fixed.

I've got a route planned from Port Pollensa all the way along the mountains and then back along the foot hills for a 200km training ride, but I will ride Sa Collabra on a different day.
  • ManxShred wrote:
    I've got a route planned from Port Pollensa all the way along the mountains and then back along the foot hills for a 200km training ride, but I will ride Sa Collabra on a different day.

Enjoy, sounds like a good day.
  • Haha. That's fair you want to keep yours anonymous : ) @mamba80, we're also there for the 31/03. Might try the option you mentioned for route back. Looking forward to that fresh tarmac going to the lighthouse too. That was awful last year.

BTW, @Tramuntanacycling - Have you seen the Transtramuntana TT4500 route ? That looks like a beast too : ) Keep up the good work.
  • Haha. That's fair you want to keep yours anonymous : ) @mamba80, we're also there for the 31/03. Might try the option you mentioned for route back. Looking forward to that fresh tarmac going to the lighthouse too. That was awful last year.

BTW, @Tramuntanacycling - Have you seen the Transtramuntana TT4500 route ? That looks like a beast too : ) Keep up the good work.

The Transtramuntana TT4500 is an amazing day by all accounts. very tough but well organised. Hope to do it this year - end October. Need to be pretty fit!

Enjoy your visit, have a great time.
  • whoof
    whoof Posts: 756
    Haha. @mamba80, we're also there for the 31/03. Might try the option you mentioned for route back.

I can also recommed the route through Bunyola and Orient it's one of my favorites. Also when heading SW in the mountains and have come out of the tunnel over looking Soller I find the route through Fornalutx better than carrying on the Ma10 it's also a good place to stop for a coffee.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    I'm also a big fan of the island. Especially the lovely Club Pollentia resort who put up with bikes for much of the year.

Whoof, I can't quite picture what you refer to - do you mean the tunnel at the top of the Puig? I've only ever done the descent all the way down back to the main road out of Port Soller, turned Left and headed back to Bunyola.

If there is another option for the Western (really SW) descent of the Puig then if you have a GPS trace I'd love to see it. Thanks in advance.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • manxshred
    manxshred Posts: 295
    If you look on a map at Bunyola, you will see a road heading north, north east to Orient. That is a tough climb up and around to Alaro.