Anybody know of Eurosports Cycling coverage for 2015?

wheeledwidewebb
wheeledwidewebb Posts: 254
edited January 2015 in Road general
I am considering a Sky subscription so that I can get Eurosport and I wonder if anyone knows what cycling coverage Eurosport are planning this year. Do they even publish such information?

I have had a mooch around their website but I cannot find anything :(

Comments

• I get the eurosport player subscription on its own when things get going. £4 a month and can watch on the ipad/laptop without disturbing her. :)
    Not actually seen any listings for the year, but going by last year they covered most events...
  • stepdavi
    stepdavi Posts: 135
    Tour down under starts Monday 2 am on sky sports then pretty much most main uci road races are on eurosport. So put on channel 410 or 11 and remove batteries.
    2016 diamondback heist 2.0
    2015 giant propel advanced 1
    2015 Genesis day one disc ss
    2014 giant roam 2
  • stepdavi wrote:
    Tour down under starts Monday 2 am on sky sports then pretty much most main uci road races are on eurosport. So put on channel 410 or 11 and remove batteries.
    How do you know that most main road races are being covered by Eurosport out of interest?
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    I subscribed to the Eurosport to watch the Giro in 2013 - some nights the highlights could be up to an hour later than advertised, and then the final straw, one night they just didn't show them at all - no message, no nothing.
    That was it for me, cancelled straight away. Don't know if they have improved since....
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    JimmyBloom wrote:
    I get the eurosport player subscription on its own when things get going. £4 a month and can watch on the ipad/laptop without disturbing her. :)
    Not actually seen any listings for the year, but going by last year they covered most events...

What he said^

Unless you are after anything else that Sky offers, I would just go with the Eurosport player - I have it in the iPhone and the iPad, and it works really well.

Although yes, the schedule is sometimes all to cock. (Edit - I wrote 'male hen', not fool)
  • Yeah, I've already got Eurosport player but I find that, as you said, the schedule is usually way off, and you cannot record anything.

I think if you can watch stuff live then it is fine, but using the on-demand video section means that you have to avoid hearing any results until you can get to watch it and they can take an age to put content on to the video section.

Hence with the proper Eurosport channel, I can just record it and be done.

But, I don't want to subscribe to Sky for a year only to find out that, all of a sudden, Eurosport aren't covering much this year.
  • This is last year's coverage which was even more than the year before. This year's hasn't been published yet but it won't be far off.

Dubai
    Oman
    Andalucia
    K-B-K
    Le Samyn
    Langkawi
    Strade Bianche
    Roma Maxima
    Paris-Nice
    Tirreno-Adriatico
    Milan-Sanremo
    Catalunia
    E3 Harelbeke
    Criterium International
    Three Days of De Panne
    Tour of Flanders
    Vuelta al Pais Vasco
    Paris-Roubaix
    GP de Denain
    Tour of the Reservoir
    Amstel Gold Race:
    Fleche Wallonne
    Tour of Turkey
    Liege-Bastogne-Liege
    4 Days of Dunkirkt
    Tour of Azerbaijan
    Women's Tour of Britain
    Giro d'Italia
    Wiltshire Grand Prix
    Tour of California
    Tour Series
    Tour of Norway
    Lincoln GP
    World Ports Classic
    Tour des Fjords
    Criterium du Dauphine:
    Milk Race:
    London Nocturne
    Tour de Suisse
    British Road Championships
    Tour de France
    British Circuit Championships
    Elite Circuit Series
    La Course by Le Tour
    Tour de Wallonnie
    Clasica San Sebastian
    Tour de Pologne
    Women's Ride London
    RideLondon-Surrey Classic
    Eneco Tour
    Arctic Race of Norway
    Circuit of the Fens:
    USA Pro Challenge
    Vuelta a Espana
    Vattenfall Cyclassics
    GP Ouest-France Plouay
    Tour of Alberta
    Tour of Britain
    GP Quebecs
    GP Montreal
    Wallonie GP
    Voigt's Hour
    Tour de l'Eurometropole (final day)
    Il Lombardia
    Binche-Chimay-Binche
    Tour of Beijing
    Paris-Tours
  • Yeah, if there were a bit more I would be tempted ;)
  • depending on who you have your BB with and package\speed etc (might need fibre), then I think you can get both British ES channels via BT tv which might work out cheaper than a sky sub on its own.
  • whoof
    whoof Posts: 756
    Eurosport may stop showing a lot cycling this year, but I would be very much surprised. I've been watching cycling on Eurosport for 23 years and it's only ever expanded.
    I think the clue is in the name, they are not buying the rights to events for a solely British audience.
  • Thanks everyone, I will bite the bullet and hand over the readies to Sky.
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    Apparently they're showing 1800 hours of cycling this year.

That should just be about enough.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Another vote for Eurosport Player from me.