Dogma bottom bracket which one?

mallorcajeff
mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
edited January 2015 in Workshop
Hi i want to get a new bracket for a dogma. It will be running da9000. Its a dogma 60.1 from 2013. I have searched and cant find which one i need to order. Does anyone know?
Thanks

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,664
    See here: the (newer) model still ran an Italian thread BB, which is what my Pinarello Paris had, and AFAIK so did all Dogmas since.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/pinarello-dogma-carbon-road-frameset-pin0080?ti=UExQIEJyYW5kOkJpa2VzOjE6MjM6MTAwMDAwNjQwX2NjQ2F0MTAwMTU3&skidn=PIN0080-BOB-S54

For some reason that link throws up two tabs on my browser and defaults to the wrong one, but you should have the blurb for the Dogma 2 frames on one of them... says down in the text it's Italian BB.

Cheers
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • mallorcajeff
    Nice one thanks for that
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Pinarello Dogma 2 60.1 has an Italian threaded BB.
  • When you fit it I suggest you follow this

Before you remove it look at the new one as both sizes are Right Hand Thread so both undo anti clockwise.

I would and did when changing mine in a Dogma 65.1 warm the bottom bracket gently with a hair dryer just warm, not warmer than normal domestic radiator as this will soften the thread lock, now apply pressure to the spanner (BB tool) when it has moved a little spray the gap with release spray (WD40) and turn the spanner a bit more and repeat the spray until it comes easy, you can turn it back clockwise to help free it off. Do not force it as it has an alloy BB shell and if you strip the threads you will have a world of pain sorting that out.

When it is out, you can warm the inside of the BB shell again gently with a hair dryer and clean out the threads with a cloth and or an old teeth brush to remove all old thread lock.

Now I do this warm (hair dryer again) the new BB cups up and clean all the thread lock off this is the blue stuff on the threads,

Carefully grease the BB threads in the frame, tacking care to leave the first 3mm to 4mm dry and clean, screw the BB cup in when you have almost fully in stop when it has 3mm to 4mm still to go now apply a small amount of thread lock to the short bit of thread that is exposed and to the two mating surfaces. This will be enough to lock it in place, and if in the future if the thread lock picks up and damages the thread it will only be the first bit and recoverable without too much pain.

Some thread locks do damage paint finishes so be careful.

I also pack the bearing full with grease by removing the bearing seal adding grease and refitting the seal, but this will invalidate the warranty but they last longer if you do it right.
  • DA 9000 needs a new BB tool as it is smaller in diameter but the new BB should come with a old to new adaptor but is plastic and increases the chances of slipping (damage to frame and or hands) so £20 for the new tool is cheap.
  • mallorcajeff
    Thanks for the heads up there guys as am building up myself