Identify the freehub

Sussed out
Sussed out Posts: 189
edited January 2015 in Workshop
Hi forum,

I got these cheapy Chinese tubs a couple of years ago. I've just upgraded to 11 speed so need a new freehub for the rear.
7e9a2f647b807f920a9ad8152cf58842.jpg
c7cf3229430bbbe64d985e7ff29f1a7e.jpg

Could anybody identify the type of freehub and perhaps steer me towards a suitable 11 speed one?

Many thanks,
Ben

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Forgot something?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    Shimano obviously, but more important, what brand is the hub? (looks Quando to me)
  • I'm not sure on the brand of the hub, like I said, cheap chinese set from farsports and on my reciept it doesnt have the brand of hub, just ceramic bearings.
    Looking on their website it could be an ED hub, is that a make?

Ben
  • It is an ED hub, do you know where I could source a new freehub?
    Ben
  • Farsports list them on their website -$60 to uk plus duties?

http://www.wheelsfar.com/accessories/others/free-hub.html?options=cart
  • I was hoping not to have to get one from China, I've been looking around too and I think that may be the only option.

Cheers,
    Ben
  • It's a Bitex 6 pawls free hub for a RAR (10 or 13 can't remember) type rear hub... you can source one from an outfit in Germany which seem to stock them, otherwise you can ask nicely to Just Riding Along if they can supply you one, as they do use Bitex hubs... but they might keep spares for their customers only, so don't hold your breath there...
    left the forum March 2023
  • Thanks Ugo and Keezx, very helpful
  • It's an Bitex RAR9 hub. The 6 pawls logo indicates that it is a Bitex freehub, the color indicates the extralight hub model. The missing "11s" brand indicates that it is a 10-speed hub. The washer then seems to be a 10s washer.