Opinion Please

Jammin34
Jammin34 Posts: 36
edited January 2015 in MTB buying advice
http://www.cube.eu/uk/bikes/mtb-hardtai ... reen-2015/

Can I have your thoughts and opinions as I can't find any reviews as of yet !

I'm really keen on it so far but want to be sure before spending £1k

I was hooked on the Boardman Pro before I found this but feel the Cube is better all round, would you agree ?

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    looks ok other than the tyres and the lack of ABS+ on the fork which can be bought for about £40
  • http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtb/29er_pro.html

Would you then say the Boardman is actually better in spec generally and is definitely worth the £849.99 price tag ?

I'm still learning and was advised a 650b was better than a 29er and the boardman is a 29er which put me off slightly because the handlings not as good as a 650b in the respects I'm new to riding.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    One wheelsize isnt better than the other, they're different.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    njee20 wrote:
    One wheelsize isnt better than the other, they're different.

unless its 26 :lol:
  • mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    Acoustic guitars come in 12 or 14 fret designs, unless you have a specific need for either, then it's not really an issue.
  • So what if ask what out of the two would you buy ?

What would you choose based in best bike in general for cost ?

Boardman Pro £849

Cube £999
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Which is better depends on 3 things
    1/ where you ride (type of riding)
    2/ How YOU ride
    3/ what YOU like

I don't like 29ers and not yet tried a 650B....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Trails, woodlands, very little road and nothing over technical and crazy.

I'm 6ft 3" if that makes any difference and don't really have a style of type of riding as I've not done it for years and am getting back into it so its all new territory. The fact I can't test ride a board and concerns me a little but I've now also started looking at the 2015 Whyte 901 or 2015 Whyte 905 both great bikes from what I've read but with price tags of £1200 & £1600 it's a good few quid difference which is going to stretch the budget !
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It sounds like a 29er or 650B would suite you fine, test ride some bikes and get a feel for what you do and don't like, then sit on a Boardman and see what you think.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I'm quite liking the boardman and think I'm going to go for the Pro Carbon 650b anyone got one or have an honest opinion about them ? I've heard good and bad things about carbon bikes but I guess that's not the deal clencher as the spec appears to be very good.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/m ... -650b-2014