Five Ten Freerider advice please

JayX2A
JayX2A Posts: 113
edited January 2015 in MTB buying advice
Just a very quick background... I am fairly new to riding after a 15 year break and have got some DMR V8 pedals and currently some DC Shoes. They are a bit slippy and the sole is getting torn apart!

I ordered some impacts in the sale and not having researched them (impulse buy!) I didn't realise they were so bulky! The fit is ok, but just too bulky and heavy for me.

I have now turned my head to the freeriders or freeriders VXi. How do these size up to the Impacts? I have seen a pair of VXi (last years model) at half price, but they are a 7.5 rather than an 8.

Sadly, no where near me sells these to try on, but also want a good deal!

So whats peoples opinions on the difference between normal and VXi? Is it just the sole?

Comments

• For what it`s worth I used to have a pair of Freeriders and they sized up true. They offered fantastic grip, were well padded and therefore offered a good level of protection while lasting well. However even Freeriders are still bulky. Also heavy and take ages to dry out when wet. Eventually I got some Teva Pinners and while not offering quite the level of grip, they are less bulky, dry out quicker and are lighter too.

Hope this helps.
    2017 YT Jeffsy 27 AL Comp
    2016 Specialized Allez Elite DSW
    2014 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Sport Compact