Prince Andrew buys £13m ski chalet

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    arran77 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    I doubt that there is any truth in this allegation against him.
    I also think he has the right to do with his money whatever he choses.

Of course.

What does surprise a lot of people though, is just how much money he appears to have.

How much does he get paid?

He does a lot of jobs outside of his role as a state figure.
    He offers business advice as well as many other jobs all of which I would presume pay handsomely.

I can see this turning into another debate about whether the royals are good value for money :lol:

Would serve no purpose as we already know and have proof that they are :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • I don't have any doubt they they are value for money in that the generate wealth for the UK, but harder to say in whose pocket that wealth ends up in?

Never that convinced by the 'trickle down' arguement.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I don't have any doubt they they are value for money in that the generate wealth for the UK, but harder to say in whose pocket that wealth ends up in?

They're a revenue generating tourist attraction and that's all :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Bit like you at work hey arran...
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • VTech
    arran77 wrote:
    I don't have any doubt they they are value for money in that the generate wealth for the UK, but harder to say in whose pocket that wealth ends up in?

They're a revenue generating tourist attraction and that's all :wink:

There is a huge amount of truth in that but does it matter ?
    If you look at it purely in a business sense because thats how we value and relate to net income.
    If you own a business and make the money from the merchandising shirts and pens rather than the actual work you do it doesn't matter, the end result is all that counts and where the money ends up argument is flawed because when people come to our country and spend it ends up in thousands of areas and no particular pot as it were.

I live in stratford upon avon, one of the most beautiful places in the UK and its full of tourists throughout the year and is almost always teamed up with a london trip for people visiting our shores so I'm all for it.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Bit like you at work hey arran...

If you want to pay to come and watch me colour in drawings then be my guest, it'll be dull as anything though :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Someone said he earns money from offering business advice??

Can anyone actually tell me what businesses he is/has been involved in that would make someone ask him for advice?
    He strikes me as a bit of a outcast figure, no real role in the RF as such, just free to gad about using his connections near and far.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not a hater of the RF, but some of the peripheral members seem to have a VERY VERY privileged lifestyle, without actually doing much at all.
    As for the ski chalet, I'm thinking, if some of it was bought/paid for by Maj, then indirectly it belongs to the "people"!!!
    I can't be sure but I have heard The Sun are doing £9.99 holidays to it if you collect the 700000 vouchers!!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    VTech wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Of course.

What does surprise a lot of people though, is just how much money he appears to have.

He offers business advice as well as many other jobs all of which I would presume pay handsomely.

He does 'lots of jobs outside of his role as a state figure'?

I'm employed to do a job, that's what they pay me for. If I did lots of jobs as well as the one I'm being paid for, my employers would be asking why they were paying me, or suggesting that perhaps I didn't have enough work to fill my time.

As for advice, the mind boggles as to what input he could give.

The older I get, the better I was.

• arran77
    Capt Slog wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Of course.

He does 'lots of jobs outside of his role as a state figure'?

I'm employed to do a job, that's what they pay me for. If I did lots of jobs as well as the one I'm being paid for, my employers would be asking why they were paying me, or suggesting that perhaps I didn't have enough work to fill my time.

As for advice, the mind boggles as to what input he could give.

How to get away with (allegedly) molesting underage girls?

seanoconn
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Someone said he earns money from offering business advice??

Can anyone actually tell me what businesses he is/has been involved in that would make someone ask him for advice?
    He strikes me as a bit of a outcast figure, no real role in the RF as such, just free to gad about using his connections near and far.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not a hater of the RF, but some of the peripheral members seem to have a VERY VERY privileged lifestyle, without actually doing much at all.
    As for the ski chalet, I'm thinking, if some of it was bought/paid for by Maj, then indirectly it belongs to the "people"!!!
    I can't be sure but I have heard The Sun are doing £9.99 holidays to it if you collect the 700000 vouchers!!

Probably from the Tony Blair school of business advice where it's not what you know (obviously not a lot) but who you know. He seems to be well know in the diplomatic service both British and American as an abrasive to$$er. His 'friendships' with certain heads of state is without doubt for his own and ex wifes benefit, ie paying over the odds for Sunningdale House, fergies 5m debts cleared together with the latest revelations makes you wonder how any person with an ounce of common sense can defend him.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • arran77
    Trouble is that when you reach a certain level within an sphere, all common sense and real life skills go out the window :wink:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    Its funny because on previous occasions I have been argued with for expressing my thoughts on the way british people like to destroy others as a matter of course, this thread being yet another example.

It doesn't matter really, fact is he is privileged and I doubt he is bothered with the daft negatives from people on here :)
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    VTech wrote:
    Its funny because on previous occasions I have been argued with for expressing my thoughts on the way british people like to destroy others as a matter of course, this thread being yet another example.

It doesn't matter really, fact is he is privileged and I doubt he is bothered with the daft negatives from people on here :)

That's why I said allegedly :lol:

seanoconn
  • VTech wrote:

Why do you doubt that there is any truth in the allegations? Is it because he does a lot of work for charity?
  • bianchimoon
    VTech wrote:

Why do you doubt that there is any truth in the allegations? Is it because he does a lot of work for charity?
    perhaps in the same way that Mike Tyson wasn't guilty :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    He gave my mum one of the best nights of her life....

(She went to one of his birthdays and danced with Elton John). I think he entered the Navy the same time as my dad and they trained in the Fleet Air Arm together.

The only reason they aren't divorced is because she obviously has something big on him, and by remaining married she continues to make money.
    Interestingly, he hasn't even so much as had a whiff of another woman since their separation. I'd hazard a guess he's as bent as they come. I imagine the other chap molested the woman, and he probably dunnit to a small boy.
  • bianchimoon
    coriordan wrote:
    He gave my mum one of the best nights of her life....

(She went to one of his birthdays and danced with Elton John). I think he entered the Navy the same time as my dad and they trained in the Fleet Air Arm together.

The only reason they aren't divorced is because she obviously has something big on him, and by remaining married she continues to make money.
    Interestingly, he hasn't even so much as had a whiff of another woman since their separation. I'd hazard a guess he's as bent as they come. I imagine the other chap molested the woman, and he probably dunnit to a small boy.
    :D:D:D
    though i'd disagree, I would hazard a guess that he goes with girls with a similar mental age
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:

\

Obviously your comment is meant to provoke a negative response but as I'm free today ill play your game until I get bored.

I dont believe it because he would have been brought up knowing that nothing he does outside of the protection of his family home will be secret. The fact that people honestly think that he in effect raped a woman (being that she was at a time under age and so couldnt consent) and given the fact that proof for such an offence would be incredibly easy to get (if it really did happen) and the payout for bringing this to the attention of the world so high (got to be worth £50,000,000 globally if you can get solid proof of a royal raping a woman or having sex with an underage girl or indeed having sexual relations with someone outside of marriage) I just don't believe it.

I know there are a few people here who seem on the face of it rather dumb but I would have though you could have worked this out :?:
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:

\

Obviously your comment is meant to provoke a negative response but as I'm free today ill play your game until I get bored.

I dont believe it because he would have been brought up knowing that nothing he does outside of the protection of his family home will be secret. The fact that people honestly think that he in effect raped a woman (being that she was at a time under age and so couldnt consent) and given the fact that proof for such an offence would be incredibly easy to get (if it really did happen) and the payout for bringing this to the attention of the world so high (got to be worth £50,000,000 globally if you can get solid proof of a royal raping a woman or having sex with an underage girl or indeed having sexual relations with someone outside of marriage) I just don't believe it.

I know there are a few people here who seem on the face of it rather dumb but I would have though you could have worked this out :?:

Brilliant.
  • bianchimoon
    Aye the gift that keeps on giving
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:

What position would you take on selling a home for 50% above market value, to a buyer who has never done anything with the property?

As a publicly funded figure a certain degree of transparency should be applied to his income? On a salary of £249,000 I wonder how he accumulated the means to honestly acquire this property?

http://www.royal.gov.uk/TheRoyalHouseho ... amily.aspx

With his mouth eagerly wrapped around and sucking heartily on the public tit, scrutiny is the very least we could reasonably expect. Further while i don't doubt he does good for British business abroad I wonder if these actions would stand up to the Anti Bribery legislation which was introduced in 2010.

To be clear, I'm not a republican, I have no chip on my shoulder or axe to grind and it's not about knocking someone down as I agree that we have a depressingly and reoccurring need to seemingly do this. The issue i have is you seemed to have turned your head to the facts?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • VTech
    Slowmart wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:

What position would you take on selling a home for 50% above market value, to a buyer who has never done anything with the property?

As a publicly funded figure a certain degree of transparency should be applied to his income? On a salary of £249,000 I wonder how he accumulated the means to honestly acquire this property?

With his mouth eagerly wrapped around and sucking heartily on the public tit, scrutiny is the very least we could reasonably expect. Further while i don't doubt he does good for British business abroad I wonder if these actions would stand up to the Anti Bribery legislation which was introduced in 2010.

To be clear, I'm not a republican, I have no chip on my shoulder or axe to grind and it's not about knocking someone down as I agree that we have a depressingly and reoccurring need to seemingly do this. The issue i have is you seemed to have turned your head to the facts?

Ahhh, now I think I understand.
    So its not about wether or not he had sex with this girl but about wether or not he has used his position to increase his own personal wealth ?

In that case I agree wholeheartedly, he has definitely done that.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    VTech wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:

So its not about wether or not he had sex with this girl but about wether or not he has used his position to increase his own personal wealth ?

In that case I agree wholeheartedly, he has definitely done that.

It's about both.

He allegedly shagged an underage girl and allegedly sponges off of society.

seanoconn
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516

To be clear, I'm not a republican, I have no chip on my shoulder or axe to grind and it's not about knocking someone down as I agree that we have a depressingly and reoccurring need to seemingly do this. The issue i have is you seemed to have turned your head to the facts?[/quote]

In that case I agree wholeheartedly, he has definitely done that.[/quote]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi ... m-30710852

The guy used his position of trust to enrich himself personally. Is that something you subscribe to?

The only difference between the two individuals is one is the Queens son. Both have a lifestyle and chattels beyond their public earning capacity, the police officer was rightly investigated while Prince Andrew seems above the law.

Given your suggestion he may have numerous other commercial deals then why take the £248k salary and the grace and favour residences at his disposal?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • VTech
    Slowmart wrote:

In that case I agree wholeheartedly, he has definitely done that.[/quote]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi ... m-30710852

The guy used his position of trust to enrich himself personally. Is that something you subscribe to?

The only difference between the two individuals is one is the Queens son. Both have a lifestyle and chattels beyond their public earning capacity, the police officer was rightly investigated while Prince Andrew seems above the law.

Given your suggestion he may have numerous other commercial deals then why take the £248k salary and the grace and favour residences at his disposal?[/quote]

Please don't take offence by this but the reason almost all here will never be financially secure, for the most, people rely on their income and are happy with that but at the same time struggle.
    Its quite often that these same people moan and biatch about asians etc who "take their jobs" or is it the polish these days ?
    The fact is, english people on the whole "settle" whilst others tend to "aspire" and maybe thats down to the relatively easy life we have here, we are born into a very comfortable background in the UK when compared to other countries.

So my answer to the above would be that it isn't a wrong thing for the prince to take a bursary for his work as a member of the royal family whilst at the same time doing other work and earning elsewhere. Why would anyone with any bounce of brain power think this is wrong ?
    Its like someone having two jobs to get by (these are the people who aspire me).

I became friends recently with a guy who is 21, he works for his father and started work at around 12 with his family, and through college funded himself fully through various working opportunities and now he is debt free, running a section of a very successful business and drives a Phantom Coupe.
    He works incredibly hard, often from early hours and through until whatever time he finishes and in his spare time he enjoys himself with friends and family.
    Now many people look at him and think its "daddies" money which I honestly think is a british, no, forget that, its an english way of thinking but this is wrong, he works hard and reaps the rewards.

Andrew was born into opportunity but he still had to focus that position and complete the work which he does, he earns far more personally than he does through bursary and I for one do not think negatively for a second because as a country, we get incredibly good value from the royals.

Then onto the allegation, isn't it odd how again, as english people we tend to accept the word of someone with no background or a background of lies and deceit over someone with a completely unblemished history.
    Of course this dent mean he is innocent but it does mean as decent people we should offer the benefit of doubt.
    Instead we have people here who are so quick to judge and convict.
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Like you VTech, I am no republican, but am glad that Airmiles Andy is slipping down the line of succession.
    Fair play to the bloke, he served in the Navy during the Falkland war and deserves due credit for that.
    Since then he has been a total ar5e. He can be an embarrassment to this country. He always seems to have the knack of choosing the wrong 'friends'
    The Kasakhstanis for one. Why get involved in some of the most corrupt dealings in the world.
    Epstein? Andyis seen with him after his release from prison for underage prostitution.
    Brains don't seem to be the Prince's long suit.
    As for the guy in your story making a fortune, he is as far removed from Andy as it is possible to get. Andy gets money just to turn up at functions and not embarrass anyone. He can't even manage that.
    As for his other earnings, people are paying for his title, not his sweat and certainly not his brains.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Have had a good read through this thread and we don't seem to have a lot of positives to say about him.
    Oh well.
    At least Fergie has jumped to his defence.
    What do Eugene and Beer-tricks say about it all?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    If the story of the underage sex slave turns out to be true, it would appear that Andy and Fergie share a fetish for toe sucking.

BTW Just when he thought it couldn't get much worse, Fergie pops up to give him a character reference.
    Priceless. :lol:
  • pliptrot
    pliptrot Posts: 582
    VTech wrote:
    Please don't take offence by this but the reason almost all here will never be financially secure, for the most, people rely on their income and are happy with that but at the same time struggle.
    Its quite often that these same people moan and biatch about asians etc who "take their jobs" or is it the polish these days ?
    The fact is, english people on the whole "settle" whilst others tend to "aspire" and maybe thats down to the relatively easy life we have here, we are born into a very comfortable background in the UK when compared to other countries.

So my answer to the above would be that it isn't a wrong thing for the prince to take a bursary for his work as a member of the royal family whilst at the same time doing other work and earning elsewhere. Why would anyone with any bounce of brain power think this is wrong ?
    Its like someone having two jobs to get by (these are the people who aspire me).

I became friends recently with a guy who is 21, he works for his father and started work at around 12 with his family, and through college funded himself fully through various working opportunities and now he is debt free, running a section of a very successful business and drives a Phantom Coupe.
    He works incredibly hard, often from early hours and through until whatever time he finishes and in his spare time he enjoys himself with friends and family.
    Now many people look at him and think its "daddies" money which I honestly think is a british, no, forget that, its an english way of thinking but this is wrong, he works hard and reaps the rewards.

Andrew was born into opportunity but he still had to focus that position and complete the work which he does, he earns far more personally than he does through bursary and I for one do not think negatively for a second because as a country, we get incredibly good value from the royals.

Right up there with Stephen Emerson: patronising, churlish, ignorant and inaccurate. Please tell me you don't disseminate this twaddle out in the real world.
  • VTech
    pliptrot wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Right up there with Stephen Emerson: patronising, churlish, ignorant and inaccurate. Please tell me you don't disseminate this twaddle out in the real world.

I get so much pleasure from your posts. Always the same, trying to discredit yet no meat to your arguments.
    You disagree but without a point whatsoever.
    I would love to give you a hug and tell you its all going to be ok in the end ;)
    Living MY dream.