Cannondale Synapse Ultegra Disc 2015

jok5
jok5 Posts: 46
edited September 2015 in Road buying advice
Has anyone seen or had a test of the new Cannondale Synapse Ultegra Disc 2015. I see its won a couple of awards on road.cc and also bike radar gave it 5/5. My LBS said they can't get one in till end of March which I have put a deposit down on it based on all the reviews.

Comments

• duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    At £2500 i am on the verge of ordering the Rose Xeon CDX Di2....Cannondale looks good though i want Di2, the Rose is also highly customisable and they will fit bits not even on the build listing.
    Cheers, Stu
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    We're renting a couple when we go to Mallorca in May, too good an opportunity to miss to try out disc brakes. Could be tricky with them being continental configuration though with all that power!
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    I ordered one at the beginning of December, should be here at the beginning of March. Can't come soon enough!

I've ordered it with the 'dale spidering rather than the FSA rings (just because it looks SOOOO much better!!)
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • jok5
    So like me you have ordered your of a spec sheet. I'm not sure of anyone who has seen one. :-)
  • M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    Jok5 wrote:
    So like me you have ordered your of a spec sheet. I'm not sure of anyone who has seen one. :-)

Sort of. I rode a mates synapse 105 and that was good, so ordered a disc one as I had a wet rim brake scare during the summer...
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • jok5
    I have seen all the reviews on the synapse. I have a CAADX 105 and love that bike. Like the Defy as well but had the old one and after 20miles had a sore back so not willing to take the chance. If it 1/2 as good as my CAADX I will be delighted.
  • HEADS UP Gents if you want a Cannondake Synapse Carbon, Ultegra, disc 2015.

From midnight tonight START CYCLES in Newcastle upon Tyne will reduce the price for a new one to £1700..!!!! I haven't found it cheaper anywhere else online (& I've been hunting!). Closest I got was a damaged ex demo from Evans).

Tell them PADDY the Irish guy with the smashed collarbone sent you (I bagged the first one!!).

Can't wait to ride this baby!! My first carbon too!

Can either pop into their shop & ask for Brad or Paddy (not me) or go online.

Hope this is useful to anyone thinking about one! They've got a lovely Bianchi Intenso knocked down too, but the Synapse really wins hands down IMHO :)
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    I've only got the rim brake version but it's a seriously good bike (see: viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13035154).
    I was tempted by the disc variant but decided that I wasn't too bothered as it was unlikely to be used much in the wet when the discs would have come into their own (I've got another bike for that!). There was also the (perhaps silly) consideration that I really disliked the black / green paint job and thought the light blue one that I actually bought much, much nicer (but colour is a very personal thing - not only whether a particular colour combo appeals but whether its important at all).
    That said, I reckon the disk version would probably be a real steal at the £1700 that Paddy quotes in any colour
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)