Do different sizes of the same bike alter geometry?

roubaixtom
roubaixtom Posts: 316
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Looking at possibly getting a Rose CGF or a Canyon Endurace CF.

After much research i have concluded that i need the 55cm Rose. However with the Canyon I'm between sizes. I could go for the medium with a 54cm seat tube and have a very small amount of seat post showing or go for the Small with a 51cm seat tube and have a decent amount showing. However, if i went for the small would i be very low at the front? The HT on the (S) is 143mm and on the (M) is 159. Looking at the geometry of the small it is very similar to the Ultimate CF in a medium for example. Any help would be great

8awV6BK.png?1

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Any bike can only be as low as the height of the front wheel will allow so it becomes a fixed measurement. The headtube is going to be taller as the size goes up. In theory smaller bikes can be stiffer as the angles and tubes have less material to flex but its minimal. Since you are buying a comfort bike i would think comfort riding means more than how aesthetically pleasing it is with the seatpost. Canyon are pretty good at sizing so if they suggest a size i would go with what they say