Evil Sovereign

Barnymeinhoff
Barnymeinhoff Posts: 62
edited January 2015 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone know anywhere in the uk either on or off line where i can pick up a new sovereign frame?
im informed by their customer services that they are still in production but there are no links on their website and i can't find any other info on the inter webs.

I'm quite keen to get one as the basis for my first attempt at a self build.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Haven't they discontinued the Sovereign?
  • I mailed their customer service and the guy said still available, still in production, gave me a dollar price but no sales links..i think they might be a bit distracted by their new range.

i will keep an eye on eBay in the mean time.
  • gregwari
    gregwari Posts: 230
    I have a feeling Silverfish are a / the UK distributor, might be worth contacting them

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/
  • aye they are, i have msgd them and they have said they are expecting some movement soon. Thanks =)
  • This was the response from silverfish,

"Thanks for your enquiry, i hope you are having a great week.

Unfortunately we are unable to get hold of the old 26" Evil Sovereign frames anymore. However, there have been a few teaser shots of a new Sovereign frame which is due to launch soon.
    We are just finalising a few details which i am yet to find out, but i am confident that this year we will have a new Sovereign frame available in the UK which you will be able to get hold of."

obviously soon could mean anything but as I'm skint it will give me some time to get some room on my cards =)
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    According to someone on mtbr, who's been in contact with Evil, the new frames have been available for a month or so in the US, just with limited distribution it seems. Excellent frame (I'll never sell mine), but I think they've missed a few opportunities with the new one. It doesn't seem so much an update as the same frame with a few cosmetic differences.