bike geometry calculator

Ferrals
Ferrals Posts: 785
edited January 2015 in MTB general
Does anyone know of a good bike geo calculator along the lines of http://bikegeo.muha.cc/ that is a bit more modern and hence has the capability for 650b wheels? (and more modern forks)

Cheers!

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Um, is it just me or should wheelsize make no difference (forks too)? The only thing that will change are the axle-to-crown and the chainstay length. Find the a2c of whatever fork you want and Bob's your uncle.

Or do you mean how the geo would change if you stuck 650b's in a 26" frame?
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    Well i was thinkin it would make a diffence to the stack height as the axle would be higher?
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    edited January 2015
    But stack is a measurement between BB and toptube/headtube, so has nothing to do where anything is relative to the ground.

Standover would be the only thing missing perhaps, but I don't find it to be an especially useful measurement.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No, think about it and you'll see it wouldn't as that height is all within the suspended frame and isn't affected by wheel size, in fact there is no wheel size input at all.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Offset of modern forks will have an effect on geometry.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Indeed, there is no input for offset/trail and I've never seen a bike with none at all!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.