Visiting Rose/Canyon

teebs_123
teebs_123 Posts: 357
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

Has anyone here taken the time to visit either Rose or Canyon in Germany? Looking at both of these manafacturers for a new summer bike.

The logistics for getting over there are pretty simple and could make it into a long weekend.

Thanks,
Teebs
Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
Kinesis 4s Di2

Comments

• Im looking at both of these brands and like you want to see/ride the bikes. I have been doing a bit of research and have a couple of options.

Firstly there is a Rose rep who is based in Bath and he has a selection of bikes you can test ride. The new 2015 stock should be with him by the end of the month so I'm waiting until then.

Secondly, at The London bike show from 12-15th Feb both Canyon and Rose have a stand so its a possibility they might have the bike you are looking at there.
  • crvfr
    crvfr Posts: 23
    I called in at the Rose shop/showroom on the way back from a motor biking holiday in the Mosel in October. Very impressive with hundreds of bikes on display & no hassle from anyone as you look. Plenty of room to sit on them & even ride them about a little in the showroom on a marked track. Loads of clothes & accessories as well. Well worth a visit IMHO.
  • Canyon are scheduled to be at the London bike show in February- they are likely to be swamped but I'm hoping to go early and have a look.
  • redscouse
    redscouse Posts: 157
    at last years bike show...was able to ride a number of different canyon models on the 200m test track carbon and alu...and eventually got a canyon endurace in the summer. I think there was 1 Rose bike to test, both had extensive display stands.

strangely both planet X and ribble had large stands but no test bikes
    riding a canyon endurace
    spesh allez
  • Why not email them and ask if the models you're interested in will be available to test ride? Might give them the idea to bring a few more bikes? Or not, but at least you'll know.

And play them off each other "Hey Canyon guy, Rose is bringing bike xxx to test, how about you?" ;)