Pointless argument thread

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited January 2015 in The cake stop
Oi!

I've noticed that a lot of threads on Bikeradar degenerate into bickering, one-upmanship and arguing, which is great, obviously. It's what the internet was invented for. However, I'd like to take this to a new low with a whole thread devoted to pointless arguments.

For example, everyone knows that Manchester bands are better than London bands, right?

Please post your pointless argument below and we can have a good old joust.

(Rick Chasey, feel free to move this thread to ProRace if you think it's better there :wink: )
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    pottssteve wrote:
    Oi!

I've noticed that a lot of threads on Bikeradar degenerate into bickering, one-upmanship and arguing, which is great, obviously. It's what the internet was invented for. However, I'd like to take this to a new low with a whole thread devoted to pointless arguments.

For example, everyone knows that Manchester bands are better than London bands, right?

(Rick Chasey, feel free to move this thread to ProRace if you think it's better there :wink: )
    No they don't! Are you on something you damned fool?
  • pottssteve
    Veronese68 wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    Oi!

No they don't! Are you on something you damned fool?

Yes, they offing well do. And Oasis are better than Blur
  • gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    Yeah, but which Oasis is your favourite?
    oasis_range_pack_shot_460_230%20copy.jpg
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I reckon this threads pointless :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pottssteve
    gingaman wrote:
    Yeah, but which Oasis is your favourite?
    oasis_range_pack_shot_460_230%20copy.jpg

This one:

2013_noel_1_innerbig.jpg

:)
  • veronese68
    pottssteve wrote:
    No they're not. Pair of arrogant, swaggering northern gobshites. Only one of them had any talent the other one was even more of a gobshite hanging off his coat tails.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I think anyone still wearing coats with tails are pointless :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pottssteve
    Veronese68 wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    No they're not. Pair of arrogant, swaggering northern gobshites. Only one of them had any talent the other one was even more of a gobshite hanging off his coat tails.

They've got to be better, just ask any busker as all of them do "Wonderwall". :)

Anyway, Northern bands are clearly better than Southern ones....
  • Forget London, Liverpool bands are better than Manc ones. Pointless even mentioning Manc bands. Even Sheffield has a better claim than Manc for being a music centre.
  • veronese68
    pottssteve wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

They've got to be better, just ask any busker as all of them do "Wonderwall". :)

The Rolling Stones and The Clash or Barclay James Harvest and Take That? I rest my case.
  • pottssteve
    Veronese68 wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

The Rolling Stones and The Clash or Barclay James Harvest and Take That? I rest my case.

The Smiths, Happy Mondays, Joy Division and the Fall or Curiosity Killed the Cat and the Dagenham Girls Pipers...

suitcase1.jpg
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    I think it's cr@p. The Chase is miles better!
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • veronese68
    pottssteve wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

The Smiths, Happy Mondays, Joy Division and the Fall or Curiosity Killed the Cat and the Dagenham Girls Pipers...
    The Smiths were shite. Well Morrisey is shite, but incredibly arrogant. There seems to be a theme here. Johnny Marr is a good guitar player, I'll give you that.
    Obviously I chose to ignore the few good bands like Joy Division.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    arran77 wrote:

No wonder there's arguments when imbeciles can't use an apostrophe when it is needed.
  • pottssteve
    Forget London, Liverpool bands are better than Manc ones. Pointless even mentioning Manc bands. Even Sheffield has a better claim than Manc for being a music centre.

1. Pulp
    2. Iron Maiden
    3. errrrrrrrrrr
  • veronese68
    pottssteve wrote:
    Forget London, Liverpool bands are better than Manc ones. Pointless even mentioning Manc bands. Even Sheffield has a better claim than Manc for being a music centre.

1. Pulp
    2. Iron Maiden
    3. errrrrrrrrrr
    Am I allowed to agree with you on this thread?
  • pottssteve
    Veronese68 wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

1. Pulp
    2. Iron Maiden
    3. errrrrrrrrrr

Yes, but then you have to start another argument about something else.... :)
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

1. Pulp
    2. Iron Maiden
    3. errrrrrrrrrr

Human League
    Cabaret Voltaire
    LFO/Warp Records
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    I prefer a bit of Norwegian black metal and some Swedish industrial power electronics...........................
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • arran77
    Pross wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

No wonder there's arguments when imbeciles can't use an apostrophe when it is needed.

I think that pedantry is pointless.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    I've just realised that this thread is less pointless than the Rapha club thread.
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I've just realised that this thread is less pointless than the Rapha club thread.

I think I killed that one by putting it in the Kicking Off thread :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I think I killed that one by putting it in the Kicking Off thread :lol:
    So I see. I thought I'd managed to post an on topic reply that wasn't arguing. I want to apply for the Rapha club just so they can turn me down for not being trendy or rich enough.
    I mean, what did you go and do a thing like that for you bar steward?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    arran77 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

You're free to think what you like but you are obviously wrong.
  • arran77
    Pross wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

You're free to think what you like but you are obviously wrong.

No, I think you'll find you are :P

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    FFS stop you lot, you're doing the Bottom Bracket out of a job :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I bet you bought the 'Grandma we love' you' single.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • You're all wrong about everything. Because you're bloody cyclists.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    Everything is awesome!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Just dragging the rest of the forum down to the same level :lol:

seanoconn