BB30 frames - suggestions?

allezcourage
allezcourage Posts: 64
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
Wondering if anyone can offer me pointers on manufacturers/frames using BB30? Without wishing to get into the merits or otherwise of this BB standard, I'm looking for a road frameset that I can use my BB30 Quarq Elsa power meter on. I'd
be swapping it back & forth from my TT bike when required.

Obvious one is Cannondale but what else is out there? Know of Planet X, have considered ADR Flow...budget £600 to £800ish for the frame. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Or PF30?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,663
    This article may help:

http://www.bikeradar.com/au/gear/article/complete-guide-to-bottom-brackets-36660/

Also, BMC used to do BB30 frames, not sure if they still do or have switched, but I know the SLR01 from a couple of years ago used that size bottom bracket.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Dolan bikes have BB30 I believe, Tuono & Ares to name but two.
    Trigon from Cycle Division also have BB30.
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Boardman

You can also use BB30 axles in PF30 frames

What size are you? Considering selling my old Synapse
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • Had seen that article before but hadn't appreciated that a bb30 chainset would fit an OSBB frame. Interesting, thanks.
    Thanks for all suggestions. I now see Felt are also BB30 so my horizons have broadened nicely.

Ta.
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Argon do BB30 frames.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bianchi Infinito CV or Sempre pro would take it. You could get a 2014 frame for under £800 now somewhere i would think.
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Bianchi Infinito CV or Sempre pro would take it. You could get a 2014 frame for under £800 now somewhere i would think.

I doubt it. I've never seen Bianchi frames discounted that much, especially those Models. Would like for you to prove me wrong though :)

My recommendation is Hong Fu Bikes FM066 SL (closely modelled on the Cervelo R5). They make frames in a choice of BB30 and BSA.
    http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_produc ... 6-266.html.

Mine was £540 + £30 duty tax. So well within yor budget.
  • Excellent suggestions, thanks. I had begun to feel that a lot of manufacturers were moving on from BB30. For example the Canyon Ultimate Al I had until recently was PF30. The most recent models are BB86.
    Hard to see past the CAAD 10 for my needs at my budget...