Casco Aero helmets

richiegwy
richiegwy Posts: 171
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
Thinking about getting a new aero helmet and along with the usual suspects (evade, air attack, synthe) doea anyone have any experience of the Casco Speed Airo or Speedster helmets?

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I know Lucy Gossage has the Speed Airo. She's on twitter and is friendly - ask her ?
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    I have a Casco Speedster without the visor and it's an ok lid. Fit-wise, it comes up a little narrower than my Kask K50, which makes wearing an ear band or cap underneath quite a tight fit, which becomes slightly uncomfortable over a winter ride. It's also not made me any quicker that I can notice. Looks pretty god though.
  • richiegwy
    richiegwy Posts: 171
    Thanks Dkay
    I'm leaning towards the speed airo without the visor. They're all around the same price except for the air attack which can be got considerably cheaper than the rest.
    I would love to see some independant tests of a number of helmets to understand if there are true advantages. most of what I see are presented by the manufacturers themselves.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I've seen some test results from the States - but what works for one person doesnt necessarily work for the next. It's not that simple. There are people you can hire who take you to a velodrome and you use all sort of kit to work out what is best for you. Aerocamp or something. Not cheap.

Here it is - http://www.slowtwitch.com/Lifestyle/A_C ... _4145.html