The new Vittoria tubular tyres

Ber Nard
Ber Nard Posts: 827
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
I ordered a pair of Corsa Sl to go on my Planet X CT45 wheels. I was expecting the valve to be too short which isn't a problem as I've got a pair of 60mm Vittoria valves (the red ones) in my box of spares.

Now I've taken delivery, they have come with a gold valve rather than red that has a removable core rather than a removable fixed valve. Is this the case on all of their new tubs now? Is there a way of removing the valve or do I have to use extenders?

Cheers.

Comments

• yes, they changed them 2 years ago... you need an extender, you can't replace the stem
    left the forum March 2023
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    Bugger. Extenders it is, then. Should make adding sealant easier though, shouldn't it?
  • Ber Nard wrote:
    Bugger. Extenders it is, then. Should make adding sealant easier though, shouldn't it?

Much easier... in fact I was nearly tempted to offer you some older red stemmed ones in exchange for new ones... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Which sealant do you use? the Caffelatex one or however you spell it?

I have a leaky Challenge tub (~1 hour at 100psi) which could use a shot of this stuff.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.