2015 Time Megeve Mont Blanc

cc78
cc78 Posts: 599
Details are now confirmed for this year's event: Sunday 7th June

This is a return to the old parcours that was in use a few years ago with the start moved to Sallanches and the finish remaining in Megeve.

PARCOURS%20TIME%202015_0.jpg

Comments

• This is a great ride that for some reason doesn't seem to get noticed by the Brits, at least nothing like the Marmotte or the Etape.

I believe it's a fair bit cheaper too.
  • cc78
    € 42 this year, and you get a free jersey
  • cc78 wrote:
    € 42 this year, and you get a free jersey

Excellent value. Not sure why the Etape and the Marmotte are so expensive.

We have one of the biggest races in France in Brittany in June. 7000+ riders, closed roads, excellent organisation, goodie bag, etc. 26 Euros, and all of that is for charity.....!
  • The TMMB is a great event. I've done it a few times and it is good to see that the route has reverted back to the original. Don't worry about the different start/finish as it is all down hill back to your car after you finish.

The route is spectacular and you have to make sure you leave some in the tank to climb Saisies at the end.

Highly recommended.
  • cc78
    Old_Cranky wrote:
    The TMMB is a great event. I've done it a few times and it is good to see that the route has reverted back to the original. Don't worry about the different start/finish as it is all down hill back to your car after you finish.

Or park at the finish in Megeve and use the quick ride down to Sallanches to warm up before the start...
  • cc78
    So this year's event is almost upon us... that came around fast

Is anyone else on the forum taking part this time?

Weather-wise it looks pretty good for Sunday... we have a mini-heatwave at the moment: temperatures at 1000m (ie Megeve) are forecast to hit 30º on Friday, before cooling slightly over the weekend (with possible risk of afternoon thunderstorms...)