Campagnolo Bullet 50 clinchers

Yellow Peril
Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
anyone any experience with these? The appear to be strong despite what appears to be a Rolf-esque spoke arrangement at the rear. Are they implausibly heavy/crap?
@JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I haven't ridden them but can offer some non-specific opinion. With a Shimano hub those Bullets are about 1800g a set so I wouldn't say that was heavy...just not light. I am riding some RS30's for the winter (again) and they weigh just under 2kg, which is ~500g heavier than the RS80s they replaced. I do find the ride quality sluggish and they certainly don't feel sprightly on the hills, but I'm not hanging on during club rides and my Strava segment climbs haven't taken a nosedive, so I don't think a slightly heavier wheelset makes all that much tangible difference at my level. Not sure what riding you do (lumpy, flat, etc.) or if you will get the aero benefits from a 50mm (general rule of thumb is ~20mph + to gain anything worthwhile from aero).
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    The idea is to do some 10's on them this coming season. I wouldn't be using them for everyday riding. In terms of price they seem to just have the edge on Zipp 60's, Fulcrum Redwinds and RS81's at the moment though I doubt that there is much to choose between them
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    The idea is to do some 10's on them this coming season. I wouldn't be using them for everyday riding. In terms of price they seem to just have the edge on Zipp 60's, Fulcrum Redwinds and RS81's at the moment though I doubt that there is much to choose between them

In that case, stuff the alloy brake track and weight and go for an all carbon tubular.