Sickness Saturday morning threads

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,871
edited January 2015 in The Crudcatcher
After a few days of the kids being ill it's my turn :( only I've got the double exorcist version, so rather than a decent run with a pal I'm staying close to the toilet today

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Enjoy praying to the porcelain God :lol:

Today should involve taking down Christmas decorations and getting rid of all this festive shite, also need to start taking bike stuff / general crap over to my Mums to store it for the move.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So instead of a run with a pal, your running solo?

Morning Cruddites, not sure what I'm doing today, hopefully some of the bits will arrive so I can finish the new bike, so narrow wide chainring (on-one have theirs on a special right now) and new bearings for the shock (then I just need to make up the spacer tubes which should only take half an hour).

If not I'll be replacing the bedroom floorboard that's two thick that has been here since we moved in (house has the old thinner boards you just can't get anymore, but we have some real wood flooring the right thickness!).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Quick run this morning to test the knee, not as long as I'd like but pace was decent and importantly no pain as of yet.

First day since Christmas day with no child (she's gone back to her mums), it's going to be quiet.
  • Morning Losers!

Good night at friends playing games. I'm so hardcore.

I'm trying to get back into 'normal' mode, as this weekend and Monday are no different than a normal weekend :( I might go for a hike up the local hill, I'll see if I can be bothered. Found a gym that I might (should) join, so will give that a go next week.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Morning, managed to un-seize the rear brake on the patriot, will go out a wee test ride shortly. To be a decent day here today (better than the wind/rain/snow of yesterday). A part of the tv aerial has came loose on the roof and is rattling in the wind, quite annoying - will probably fall off the roof trying to fix it!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Schmako wrote:
    Morning, managed to un-seize the rear brake on the patriot, will go out a wee test ride shortly. To be a decent day here today (better than the wind/rain/snow of yesterday). A part of the tv aerial has came loose on the roof and is rattling in the wind, quite annoying - will probably fall off the roof trying to fix it!

Just saying like!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/336174.stm

Happy whatever the hell day it is dweebs!

All outdoor activity curtailed by what sounds like bad weather on the bedroom window!

Just had bacons and stuff and believe the best way to kill the day is with televised sport.......rugby the preferred option in this house.

Booze later as none of that dryathlon in the month that i'm off skiing! Isn't it Fanuary though? Come on ladies, we showed you the mo in movember! Tis only fair.

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    bg13 wrote:
    Schmako wrote:

Just saying like!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/336174.stm

Better get a few pints in before I do it too!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Afternoon Gimps.

Car had been serviced - expensively :roll: Coffee had been supped and Waitrose Saturday girls ogled. Now doing a loaf of filing loafs of paper and pulling out the bits I need for my tax return. Oh the joys. New minion starts on Monday next week will be a bit busy...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Evening all,
    TKM, I went to a gym once, the guy that showed me around kept banging on about being "totally dedicated" and you couldn't go to the gym and then the pub. 15 minutes later I had a beer in my hand and was turning sausages on the BBQ with the other. That was 27 years ago and I haven't set foot in a gym since. That's dedication.
    All evidence of Christmas has now been purged from sight. Just took the family out for a meal. Going over the road for drinks later.
    A good day.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Evening all,
    TKM, I went to a gym once, the guy that showed me around kept banging on about being "totally dedicated" and you couldn't go to the gym and then the pub. 15 minutes later I had a beer in my hand and was turning sausages on the BBQ with the other. That was 27 years ago and I haven't set foot in a gym since. That's dedication.
    I've been to gyms in the past, I just usually get bored of them. I laugh at the 'total dedication' folk, they can go fark themselves.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro