Shimano Ultegra Touch up paint.

cgrenn
cgrenn Posts: 206
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

Had my 1st scrape on my Di2 Scott foil today and scratched my derailleur. Pretty gutted, but does anyone know if touch up paint is avaliable for it?

Thank you :)

20150102_205315_zpsfgryyk2o.jpg

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Well it's not painted is it ? It's anodised ? I guess you could find some grey paint to match but it's only a scratch. Wear it with pride.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Could always try Halfords and get a touch-up pen mixed-up for a couple of quid. You'd have to choose from the range they have available though, but with 1,000s on their database, you should be able to find something. If you do find a suitable match, then report back. ;)
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    cougie wrote:
    Well it's not painted is it ? It's anodised ? I guess you could find some grey paint to match but it's only a scratch. Wear it with pride.

^^ this
  • clogg
    clogg Posts: 70
    Seen them touched up with paint and doesn't look quite right as different texture stands out. Best looking way I have seen is with black sharpie/permanent marker.
  • Pigtail
    Pigtail Posts: 424
    I'd be much more concerned about whether the hanger was okay and whether it was still changing ok. I had a slightly off gear hanger that caused me real gear problems on a cycling event and I certainly don't want to go there again!
  • Pigtail wrote:
    I'd be much more concerned about whether the hanger was okay and whether it was still changing ok. I had a slightly off gear hanger that caused me real gear problems on a cycling event and I certainly don't want to go there again!

agree with this! if the thing is till changing gear through all the gears ok i.e. under load then just leave the scratch well alone......nowt wrong with the odd superficial scar. :) a lbs spanner monkey cash check the rear gear hanger alignment for you too.........
  • Touch up paint always looks like sh!t. Often it looks worse than the scratch
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles