2015 Riding Resolutions

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,655
    More uplifts.
    Get better at DH.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    ride more 600 miles last year aiming for 900 this year.
    Grow some balls on drops and jumps
    Do more jumps
    semi related - loose two stone and get back to a 32" waist
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    I've started doing one of James Wilson's fitness courses. I want to ride and/or do that three times a week.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    njee20 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    I'm not KOM on any, but I'm going after my own leaderboard......even if it's just comparing my time to the last time I went for it.

My commute is along one of the local road clubs TT routes, so my 26" hybrid with panniers is going to struggle to get far up the order!

Makes sense. Thing is training doesn't necessarily mean going flat out over a short period, indeed it's precisely what you don't really want to be doing! 20 minute efforts at a fairly high intensity are more the order of the day! Doing more sweetspot efforts seems a specific resolution though!
    Agreed, but I find that I'm faster on the other segments as well as it puts me in the right mindset rather than 'bimble mode', the commute is so routine it's easy to fall into a trap of cruising and thinking of other stuff.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,878
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    More uplifts.
    Get better at DH.

This, ie, do one and hopefully get my mtb mojo back, it's been missing for far too long :oops:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,655
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    More uplifts.
    Get better at DH.

This, ie, do one and hopefully get my mtb mojo back, it's been missing for far too long :oops:
    I predict you will find your mojo just outside Merthyr Tydfil late next month. If not, we'll just have to go back there in April and look again :mrgreen:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Barely did 900 miles last year, so plan is to do at least 1500 next year and commute to work more. Plan to a few enduros as well, just to see what all the fuss is about.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I did 3k miles last year must be doing something right compared to you lot. More of the same I think.
  • Rad2474
    Rad2474 Posts: 162
    Rad2474 wrote:
    To get around a few more trail centres ,only been to Hamsterley and Chopwell, if you can call Chopwell a trail centre that is.

How does the powerline red grading compare with other reds?

CC[/quote]
    It's not to bad but not very fast starting to get in a poor state now with lots of potholes don't think it gets maintained anymore Hamsterley reds are much better.
  • Rad2474
    Rad2474 wrote:
    To get around a few more trail centres ,only been to Hamsterley and Chopwell, if you can call Chopwell a trail centre that is.

CC[/quote]
    It's not to bad but not very fast starting to get in a poor state now with lots of potholes don't think it gets maintained anymore Hamsterley reds are much better.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    mcnultycop wrote:
    Ride new places. That's it really.

Actually, also I'll give a bit back. Do a dig day or two at Gisburn.
  • go to a trail centre at least once a month

ride at least twice a week locally

stop eating crisps (not riding related but still)
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    m00nbadger wrote:
    stop eating crisps (not riding related but still)

If you're a mountain biker, everything's riding related! :)
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Chunkers1980
    Even a good walk means you can ride longer.
  • Continue in the same vein as 2014 but up-it somewhat. I really want to do a course with "Jedi" in the Spring/Summer as I really want to start learning to jump properly and improving trail riding techniques.

Enter more fun events this year - London to Brighton etc.
    Enter some kind of competition Enduro/XC.
    Enter some Cyclocross events later in the year.
    Help maintain some of my local trails at Woburn / Rushmere.

Paul
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • Cody
    Cody Posts: 565

Does it?
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    To actually ride some, i maybe did about 10 rides in the whole of 2014. I'd like to make it to 25 at least this year. Preferably about 40 if i can.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Rad2474 wrote:
    Rad2474 wrote:

CC
    It's not to bad but not very fast starting to get in a poor state now with lots of potholes don't think it gets maintained anymore Hamsterley reds are much better.[/quote]
    There are plenty decent trails on Chopwell if you know where to find them but that's what makes it NOT a trail centre for me. Unlike a trail centre you need local knowledge. I've been living very close to there for the last few years so I know my way round pretty well now.

Anyway, my riding resolutions are simple. Ride more and make less excuses.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Chunkers1980
    Cody wrote:

Does it?

Whoosh from the non-walker and rider
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Cody wrote:

Does it?

Whoosh from the non-walker and rider

I bet he does a LOT of walking. Just can't admit it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Rad2474
    oodboo wrote:
    Rad2474 wrote:
    Rad2474 wrote:

CC
    There are plenty decent trails on Chopwell if you know where to find them but that's what makes it NOT a trail centre for me. Unlike a trail centre you need local knowledge. I've been living very close to there for the last few years so I know my way round pretty well now.

Anyway, my riding resolutions are simple. Ride more and make less excuses.[/quote] I do know my way round some of Chopwell but my comment was made regarding power line only. There are some good tracks and each time i go i tend to find new ones.
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    Continue in the same vein as 2014 but up-it somewhat. I really want to do a course with "Jedi" in the Spring/Summer as I really want to start learning to jump properly and improving trail riding techniques.

Paul

see you soon then dude :)
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    Have pledged to do 2015 miles this year- no real reason other than a target to aim at....

But intending to do a few long rides among that- charity events etc!

Should be fun, as only rode about 5 times last year due to health issues!!!
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Buy a full suspension bike, been talking about/looking at bikes but haven't decided yet.

Try out single chain ring setup on my current bike and see if I really do need all the other gears.