x-fusion slant rotor compatibility

frankspencer1979
frankspencer1979 Posts: 525
edited January 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Does anyone know if a 203mm Hope floating rotor can be made to work with an x-fusion slant fork?

They force you into buying a 203mm disc (swine) which is to be mounted directly, no adaptor, but the middle of the disc fouls the caliper where it bolts to the fork. Calipers are SLX.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hope floating are much thicker in the middle and at the rivets and often cause problems, especially on Shimano callipers, buy a sensible disc and be done with it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I used a phone floating rotor and superstar floating rotor on both sets of slamts I owned. I never had a problem, however I always used hope m4 Calipers. Don't remember having any issues whatsoever.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Russyh wrote:
    I used a phone floating rotor and superstar floating rotor on both sets of slamts I owned. I never had a problem, however I always used hope m4 Calipers. Don't remember having any issues whatsoever.
    I text my rotors when they misbehave.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    cooldad wrote:
    Russyh wrote:
    I text my rotors when they misbehave.
    God damn ipad auto correct! If I have rotor problems I turn them off and back on!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Hope rotors often clash with Shimano calipers. It's nothing to do with the forks.
    Get some normal rotors, floating rotors give no performance advantage.