2015 Pro Kits

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    I quite like the idea suggested before that the helmet has 'what' written on it.

IAMcycling_Team_home2.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Haha that would be great!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    I quite like the idea suggested before that the helmet has 'what' written on it.

IAMcycling_Team_home2.jpg

Took me a while to get there, but I approve.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    How come they aren't allowed the names on there, Sky do? I think it's a good idea
    It not about having names it's about where they wanted to put them, the UCI stated that the space they wanted to use on the jersey is reserved for sponsors, what they should do is register each rider as their own private sponsor.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Paul 8v wrote:
    How come they aren't allowed the names on there, Sky do? I think it's a good idea
    It not about having names it's about where they wanted to put them, the UCI stated that the space they wanted to use on the jersey is reserved for sponsors, what they should do is register each rider as their own private sponsor.
    A bit odd the UCI tell them where to put sponsors logos?
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    A bit odd the UCI tell them where to put sponsors logos?
    To an extent, but not specific locations, just 'zones' of the kit.

But ultimately, if the UCI don't approve it or your national federation don't, you can't race in it. If they suggest changes.. you're kinda in their hands.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    The Garmindale kit looks a lot better on the bike than in the promo bumf. Which is in 'Sharp' (sorry) contrast to last year's Garmin effort that looked great in pictures but just awful on the bike. I even like the green POC, shame it's too clashy with anything else (including most cycling glasses).
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • It looks great in those head on shots, mainly because you can't see the Mavic yellow on the wheels. The SuperSix looks fine, but the wheels make the Synapse look terrible.

Perhaps it's motivational: get the yellow jersey and your bike won't look like it was designed by a half-wit.
  • The Garmin rider leading out the TDU finish the other day looked awful...

Wrong coloured glasses and bright yellow shoes with white socks and then black and lime kit.

honking.
  • Blog-UCI-World-Pro-Teams.jpg

Poly Peloton has done a world tour kit round up and very splendid it is as well...
  • Interesting that they have the FDJ kit with white rather than blue shorts and surely both Lotto Jumbo and Tinkoff are going to have to have different kits for the TDF
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • A few non PT ones like Wanty are on the site...

http://polypeloton.blogspot.co.uk/
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Interesting that they have the FDJ kit with white rather than blue shorts and surely both Lotto Jumbo and Tinkoff are going to have to have different kits for the TDF

FdJ will only be riding in blue shorts during the spring iirc.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    The 'dayglo' yellow was introduced at tne TdF last year to appease ASO as they deemed the normal Tinkoff kit 'too yellow' ... I guess if they decide they don't like it this year it for some reason then the camo will make an appearance.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    A few non PT ones like Wanty are on the site...

http://polypeloton.blogspot.co.uk/

Love the one of the Camo training kit! :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • To be fair, he's a huge cycling nut and designed the jersey for the Giro a few years ago (which is also run by RCS, like the Dubai Tour) so it's not like someone dangled some cash and he went scarpering
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Looks like PX have got the same idea as Rapha now ! Stripes are to be in !
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Ahem, circa 1985

urs_freuler.jpg

Rapha = Emperor's new clothes :wink:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Photos of Kwiatkowski in his black kit:
    http://szymonbike.tumblr.com/post/109596321618
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Cant warm to that variation of the worlds jersey to be honest.

Its like Team GB not riding in blue with red sleeves, just doesn't feel right.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cant warm to that variation of the worlds jersey to be honest.

Its like Team GB not riding in blue with red sleeves, just doesn't feel right.

It's just a training kit, Lil Pete has one as GB champ.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Can riders wear the black wc jerseys in competition?
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Interesting that they have the FDJ kit with white rather than blue shorts and surely both Lotto Jumbo and Tinkoff are going to have to have different kits for the TDF

I think the white shorts have now arrived from the supplier!
    10968388_766921890064209_4063126117735278766_n.jpg?oh=378141919980b04d3974dbabf09237b9&oe=5565855E
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    jordan_217 wrote:

Pretty sure the answer is no. The regs state the jersey must be primarily white.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Pokerface wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:

Pretty sure the answer is no. The regs state the jersey must be primarily white.

Cool, cheers Colin. What are your plans for this season?
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Annalisa_Cucinotta_Qatar15_st1_CorVos.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    jordan_217 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:

Cool, cheers Colin. What are your plans for this season?

I plan to win. A lot. :)

Track Worlds in March. Road racing from April-July, then the Hour Record in Aug-October (still planning the date).