Strava 2015 challenges

2»

Comments

• ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    Although it now shows if you have a KOM or top ten placing for 2015, it doesn't seem to show you a league table for 2015 times. It was my first ride this year today, and I'd have been interested to see how many people have done the segments this year (the last 3 days) and who is the current KOM for the year etc. Unless I'm missing something it still just seems to show the league table for all time.
  • Although it now shows if you have a KOM or top ten placing for 2015, it doesn't seem to show you a league table for 2015 times. It was my first ride this year today, and I'd have been interested to see how many people have done the segments this year (the last 3 days) and who is the current KOM for the year etc. Unless I'm missing something it still just seems to show the league table for all time.

ON STRAVA WEBSITE

on your activity, click on the segment in question.
    click view full leaderboard
    on the segment page view the leaderboards tab on left side. click on this year (below all time)
    this will show all activities that crossed this segment in 2015.

ON ANDROID APP

On achievements page click on segment
    click leaderboards icon (bottom left icon)
    tap filtering
    tap time and select this year
    tap confirm

hope that helps
  • feisty
    feisty Posts: 161
    I have a free Strava account. As I pay nothing for what is an amazing site I generally think I have no cause for complain.

And I actu ally like this change.
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    adey8ball wrote:
    Although it now shows if you have a KOM or top ten placing for 2015, it doesn't seem to show you a league table for 2015 times. It was my first ride this year today, and I'd have been interested to see how many people have done the segments this year (the last 3 days) and who is the current KOM for the year etc. Unless I'm missing something it still just seems to show the league table for all time.

ON STRAVA WEBSITE

on your activity, click on the segment in question.
    click view full leaderboard
    on the segment page view the leaderboards tab on left side. click on this year (below all time)
    this will show all activities that crossed this segment in 2015.

hope that helps
    Thanks adey8ball - I hadn't spotted that.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    82 'achievements' for a 52 mile ride yesterday...how annoying is this...it's not an achievement to ride something first.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Chris Bass wrote:
    NorvernRob wrote:
    I was going to go out this morning for the first time in 3 weeks, and blast it down my normal W-E route out with a 30+mph westerly tailwind (the loop back would have been nasty) but a knackered rear brake courtesy of an Evans 'Mechanic' scuppered my ride before I got up the garden path. I was so p*ssed off I couldn't even be bothered to get my other bike out.

Now tomorrow is forecast to be p*ssing it down and Sunday below freezing! :cry:

what was knackered about it that an allen key wouldn't fix?

They'd overtightened one side of the rear adjuster so much that it had seized. As soon as I put a small amount of pressure on it the bolt and spring adjuster inside both shattered. They were screwed together so tightly I can't even undo the two broken parts with pliers.

An Allen key will fix it, but only when the new parts arrive.
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    DavidJB wrote:
    82 'achievements' for a 52 mile ride yesterday...how annoying is this...it's not an achievement to ride something first.

Don't use it then, problem solved.
  • john1967
    john1967 Posts: 366
    DavidJB wrote:

I think your missing the point of strava.Your achievements are now other riders targets.If you do the same route in August and you pick up 82 annual KOMs I don't think you will be complaining.
  • Emphursis
    Emphursis Posts: 124
    DavidJB wrote:

Ok? In a weeks time, more people will have ridden it and you won't get 82 2015 KOMs. You're completely missing the point. Yes, you may have been the first to ride those segments this year, leading in the achievements, but you were also the fastest this year.
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    joe2008 wrote:
    So, does anyone know if you get a notification when you lose a 2015 KOM?

I've had no alerts since losing a few from New Year's Day.
  • Think of it as reward for getting out in January.
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    First world problems :roll:
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    NorvernRob wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    NorvernRob wrote:
    I was going to go out this morning for the first time in 3 weeks, and blast it down my normal W-E route out with a 30+mph westerly tailwind (the loop back would have been nasty) but a knackered rear brake courtesy of an Evans 'Mechanic' scuppered my ride before I got up the garden path. I was so p*ssed off I couldn't even be bothered to get my other bike out.

Now tomorrow is forecast to be p*ssing it down and Sunday below freezing! :cry:

what was knackered about it that an allen key wouldn't fix?

They'd overtightened one side of the rear adjuster so much that it had seized. As soon as I put a small amount of pressure on it the bolt and spring adjuster inside both shattered. They were screwed together so tightly I can't even undo the two broken parts with pliers.

An Allen key will fix it, but only when the new parts arrive.

who'd have thought something like that would brake (sic) :wink:
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes