Trek Emonda SL6

Garybarker
Garybarker Posts: 44
edited December 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm looking to pull the trigger on a 2015 Trek Emonda SL 6 at the weekend, although I may wait for a black one to come into stock later in the month.

I am upgrading from a Giant Defy 1 aluminium, this will become my wet/winter bike.

Riding is mainly fitness riding with a few sportives, I live in Lancashire so plenty of hills to access. Rides range from 60 mile upwards.

Does anyone have any experience or opinion on the Emonda as a worthy purchase or otherwise?

Comments

• Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    I've both of those bikes, I thought the Defy was nice till I got the Emonda, it's so comfortable!

There's a huge difference between them, albeit at a cost but the Emonda is so smooth and quiet and the 6800 groupset is so much better than 105 5700, especially the front shifting and the amazing brakes.

I tend to get numbness in my left hand riding the Defy as it seems to transmit a lot of road buzz, the Emonda has none of that.

I'm back on the Defy over winter but rode the Emonda on Christmas Day as it was nice and dry, got that wow feeling all over again!
  • ollie51
    ollie51 Posts: 517
    Just ordered an Emonda SL frameset, already ridden one a bit - both fast and comfy. Really good all-round bike.
  • Cheers guys, exactly the sort of information I'm after