FC-R565 Suitable for Stages Power Meter?

Jeriko
Jeriko Posts: 14
edited November 2015 in Road buying advice
Hello everyone. I've got my eye on this 2014 Felt F75 (http://www.merlincycles.com/felt-f75-road-bike-2014-71825.html) and wondered if somebody could please confirm whether I'd be able to install a Stages Shimano 105 power meter on the bike as it is, or whether I'd need to upgrade any components. I'm already stretching my money as far as it can go so I don't really want to be spending even more to switch parts out.

I'm new to all of this and I keep going around in circles trying to get my head around it. Every time I think I have it sussed I read something new that confuses me again. A definitive yes or no would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much :)

Comments

• It may be worth giving Merlin a call given they sell both the bike and the Stages and can confirm for sure. The 105 Stages should fit but better to ask. (Also to confirm that there's no interference issues)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Jeriko
    Jeriko Posts: 14
    Contacted Merlin and they gave the green light, so the bike is now ordered. Cheers 8)
  • Contacted Merlin and they gave the green light, so the bike is now ordered. Cheers 8)

Hi,

How did this work out for you? I have the same Crankset and the people at Watt Team just confirmed to me that the PowerBeat is not compatible so I'm looking at Stages instead, with the new price it's actually a very attractive choice, however their website does not list the FC R565 as compatible.

I'm riding a Jamis Xenith Comp from 2014.

Thanks!