Last But One Day of the Year Thread

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited December 2014 in The bottom bracket
Afternoon.

Decided it was far too icey here today to venture out on the road bike so walked along the canal into town to do a few bits at Waitrose, get my free tea and ogle the holiday crumpet back from college :D

Just about to break a chain on my brothers mountain bike to convert it to a 1x10 setup so at least that's bike related :lol:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• Afternoon indeed. Tested my boredom threshold on a treadmill at the gym as it's also too icy to run or cycle here. My bike related bit is the chuffing loudness of the music during the spin session going on whilst I ran was off the scale. Couldn't here my own music even with decent earphones. Some nice arses bobbing up and down though!!!!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Went out completed my rapha challenge with an extremely rich and chocolaty brownie from a local coffee shop (coffee is top notch too). Mate I was with hit his brakes on a wet corner, meaning that all 3 of us hit the deck... bit like this

http://whenyouareacyclist.tumblr.com/po ... loton-pals

wasn't ice just wet n greasy and he panicked. oh well.

Some prosecco and steak tonight I think
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Spent most of the day in the car driving North with parentals. Now in Redka scoffing fish fingers and mushy peas as that's all there id that doesn't need loads of defrosting. But there's plenty of booze in the fridge and some tinned spam if I get peckish later :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Spent most of the day in the car driving North with parentals. Now in Redka scoffing fish fingers and mushy peas as that's all there id that doesn't need loads of defrosting. But there's plenty of booze in the fridge and some tinned spam if I get peckish later :)

Fish fingers, mushy peas and spam...it's true then, it really is grim up north. Makes a change from your Bacon and avocado baguettes eh? :P
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Fish fingers, mushy peas and spam...it's true then, it really is grim up north. Makes a change from your Bacon and avocado baguettes eh? :P
    When you've had a few there not a lot of difference between avocado and mushies :D At least that was Peter Mandelson's excuse in a North East chippy when he was MP for Hartlepool and asked for some 'avocado'...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Mushy peas eh, Just add some decent haddock and that really is a fish supper :wink:
  • Climbed a very large hill, shot 2 deer and dragged em off said hill, then took grandsprogs for scampi and mushy peas washed doon with Guiness (me not them)

Early night as a run on both the Harley and the Trek planned for tomorrow.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Flâneur
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

When you've had a few there not a lot of difference between avocado and mushies :D At least that was Peter Mandelson's excuse in a North East chippy when he was MP for Hartlepool and asked for some 'avocado'...

One of the best I hope it is true stories
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Googled it - turns out it wasn't true, but as Mandelson went on record in the press to deny it, the story stuck :) And it was guacamole, but WTF.
  • Flâneur
    Mandelson denied something, that was a news story in itself surely ;0

Sale shopping tomorrow, anyone fancy it?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Sale shopping tomorrow, anyone fancy it?

No thanks!

You can source everything you need on the interweb, there is absolutely no need to visit shops especially at Christmas or sale time. The only purpose of real shops is to physically look at stuff before coming home and buying cheaper online :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    It's ok I only bought a coat in Gieves and Hawkes (rubbish online shop ) and a tie on impulse in Reiss and was home before the masses arrived (i drove into the car park hassle free, minus being pulled by a copper for some issue with my lights, one for the car mechanic type people later, no ticket tho, drove out as they all queued up)
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:
    minus being pulled by a copper for some issue with my lights

Neon lights under the car are not big or clever unless you're 17 years old :P

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

On Merseyside you get pulled by the cops for not having neon lights (aka w@nker lights) :wink:
  • Flâneur
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

On Merseyside you get pulled by the cops for not having neon lights (aka w@nker lights) :wink:

don't dis my saxo with the body kit and disco ball!
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Have you ever been featured on the 'Barryboys' website?
  • Flâneur
    Nope, and I am a little scared of googling it
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Nope, and I am a little scared of googling it
    Its 'safe'. Just a wee wee take out of chavmobiles and their drivers. Motto 'If you can't take a joke, don't drive one.'