I love christmas

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited December 2014 in Road general
Mainly because my parents live in the brecon beacons, done about 350 beautiful miles and even took my dad with me for some.

Sadly home today and back to work.
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• Ah, very lucky. I go to Llwyn Onn quite often, I love the Beacons!

Need to bring my bike eventually though!
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Mainly because my parents live in the brecon beacons, done about 350 beautiful miles and even took my dad with me for some.

Sadly home today and back to work.

Sounds like a great holiday! Which hills did you do?

I'm not overly far from Brecon, but spoilt with the surrounding Mid Wales hills I don't venture down to the beacons that often. I really should though as there are some cracking climbs.

Must be said, and i am completely biased as i live here, but Mid Wales really is underestimated for the roads and hills. Some brilliant climbs, incredible views and best of all quiet roads! (just watch out for potholes off the main roads)
  • Sounds like a wonderful holiday for the Christmas celebration, Chris, the time with your dad must be satisfying for both of you. Riding in the Beacons is on my bucket list, hopefully a nice UK tour will be in the cards. All good things must come to an end :roll: , though, back at work here, also. :?
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    They live in Llangynidr, which (perhaps unsurprisingly) is at the base of Llangynidr mountain, I went out most days, covering most of the countryside between brecon and Abergavenny, even as far down as Monmouth. Really love it there, didnt appreciate it when I lived there growing up. Love going back now.

Think my dad needs a bit more practise to keep up though ☺he does have over 30 years on me though
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Born & bred in Brecon, ride up into The Beacons as often as I can get away with, I'm now about 90 minutes south of Brecon. Lovely scenery and some terrific climbing/descending.