Canyon Endurance CF sizing

roubaixtom
roubaixtom Posts: 316
edited December 2014 in Road buying advice
Going to buy a Canyon Endurance CF 8.0 as soon as i can determine size.

I ride a 54cm roubaix (fits well) , 5ft9, 32inch inseam.

I have been comparing the roubaix and the Endurances geometry's and the only significant difference is the endurance CF seat tube is 54.5 and roubaixs is 49.5. However most of the other figures are the same. One thing that I'm not sure about is whether the top tube length measurement is horizontal or centre to centre as it doesn't say so on the canyon chart.

Endurance CF
- Seat tube- 54.5cm
- Top tube- 54.7cm
- Head tube- 159mm
- Stack- 571mm
- Reach- 378mm

Current Bike
- Seat tube- 49.5
- Top tube 54.8 with 100m stem
- Head tube- 165mm
- Stack- 563mm
- Reach- 380mm

Both seem reasonably similar in size apart from 4cm extra on the seat tube, i have a fair amount of seat post showing on roubaix.

Thanks

Tom

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Sounds good. I'd measure something like the distance from pedal spindle to saddle on the Roubaix and then e-mail Canyon to check that the saddle will go low enough for that

I say this because I test rode a 56cm Domane last week (I'm a small to medium, 54ish cm person as well) and I couldnt get the saddle low enough by a cm or so because the seat post was a tad too long (not a great problem for you as you could cut it but it's something to think about...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    edited December 2014
    It's the horizontal length from centre of seat tube to centre of steerer tube, the diagram shows it as a horizontal line, so it's as near as damn it to the length on your existing bike by the looks of it.
    The 53/Small with a 110 stem might be a better option, as mentioned above give Canyon a call and/or try their online PPS guide.
  • However the small just seems too small, 170mm cranks, 90mm stem, 40cm bars etc. I think it could feel to cramped and the saddle to bar drop too much
  • diamonddog
    edited December 2014
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    However the small just seems too small, 170mm cranks, 90mm stem, 40cm bars etc. I think it could feel to cramped and the saddle to bar drop too much
    Edited my post above, they will fit a longer stem if you tell them when ordering also the headset and spacers are quite high on Canyon bikes IME. Definitely give them a call to discuss it, good luck they are great bikes btw.
  • It's just the head tube in the small is short in comparison to the medium
  • What size do you ride ? Toe overlap? Also why is it called 56cm when there is no measurement of 56cm?
  • diamonddog
    Mine is a CF SL 9.0 SL in XS/50 which actually measures 46.5cm, toe overlap is evident on both my bikes but no more than is normal.
    The 56 sizing is what it would measure if it was a standard geometry bike with a straight top tube not a sloping one like the Canyon.
    Give them a call and discuss your sizing/stem length etc with them, I ordered a longer stem than the one specced on the site with no problems.
  • My only question is, would i have enough seat post showing with an 83cm inseam?
  • diamonddog
    The smaller frame would have more post showing than the medium but it is which is the right fit that counts.
    I have about 16/17cm of post showing on the XS/50 and my inseam is 76cm.

Remember it is easier to make a slightly too small bike fit than one that is too big, ring them before you order.
  • I have put all my info into the size calculator and it has come out with a size small however if i enter 84cm istead of 82cm inseam it changes to medium, not sure which to go for
  • diamonddog
    82cm is slightly above 32in and 84 is near enough 33in so which one are you?
    If I had your sizing I would be ordering the small regardless of the leg size input difference, but hey it's your money and your choice.
  • But on the small am I not going to have a fair amount of saddle to bar drop? More so than the medium
  • diamonddog
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    But on the small am I not going to have a fair amount of saddle to bar drop? More so than the medium
    It depends what you call 'a fair amount', I have 16/17cm of post showing on my bikes but the saddle to bar drop is not that bad at 5cm on one and on the Canyon it is about half a cm less if that.

The link below gives a look at the saddle to bar drop on both my bikes, just go to the pics at the top of the page.
    viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12976515&p=18999142&hilit=n+1+canyon#p18999142

You need to give Canyon a call and discuss it with them if you don't have confidence with the sizing advice they have recommended on the web site.