The last Sunday in 2014 thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 52,089
edited December 2014 in The bottom bracket
Dog walkers - w@nkers, I tell you. Mind you, I don't think he expected me to stop when he started shouting insults. "Son [condescending basket], watch yer heid disna fa' awf shakin' it like that"
Me: "You're a miserable old f****r".

Despite that, the ride was good, sunny but very cold.

laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Thought dog walkers were a problem for mountain bikers not roadies?

Now playing Dad's taxi while stropteen plays with that other cyclists favourite, horses.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Not watching the game Stevo? Late start but blasted out 50 miles, forgot to start the garmin so was actually 60, but those 10 don't count eh.

No football for us until tomorrow, that extra days rest is a win, shame we aren't like to benefit from it.

Found two new bikes to buy depending on when they can be delivered.
    Bought two new shirts from Eton (sweden). Now I just want to eat eat and eat.

I like horses. then again I ride them so I should do
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Called this mornings ride off due to ice.

Read some of the usual drivel on here, posted some more drivel to keep up.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Not watching the game Stevo? Late start but blasted out 50 miles, forgot to start the garmin so was actually 60, but those 10 don't count eh.

No football for us until tomorrow, that extra days rest is a win, shame we aren't like to benefit from it.

Found two new bikes to buy depending on when they can be delivered.
    Bought two new shirts from Eton (sweden). Now I just want to eat eat and eat.

I like horses. then again I ride them so I should do
    Nope, but was sitting in the car listening on the radio. Not a great result but that's life, will watch MOTD later.

Nothing against horses myself but it is juniors main hobby and she loves them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Worse hobbies out there, and some which are cheaper and less time consuming, but wait we all ride bikes.

Better 1 point than none and it was away from home.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Worse hobbies out there, and some which are cheaper and less time consuming, but wait we all ride bikes.

Better 1 point than none and it was away from home.
    Yep, she really loves it and £20 for an hour of lessons once a week is cheaper than my main hobby by some margin.

PS: Sh1tty have just dropped the ball at home to Burnley :)
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Quite amusing from a Wolves supporters view

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -club.html
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    35 mile Mtb ride, Then as the jet washer was out, and she was nagging, roded all our drains ( unfortunately not a euphemism ) .

Then sat back to watch the joy which is the Gooners defending ( its Pina's thread so I ll say no more)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Great day today, started with a decent 15 mile off road run with a pal, then a nice family walk and then took the kids to play football and rugby - whilst the wife prepares for tonight's dinner party

As we are on time we have just been for a couple of pints and now are waiting for the guests - it could be messy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening all,
    It has to be said that I love dogs, but as Piña said some dog walkers leave a lot to be desired. Not a bad day, lounging, fixed the leaking khazi, started building the new MTB at last and had a lovely dinner with my mob. Topped off with no work tomorrow, or for the rest of the week.