Help with Castelli Gabba Jersey Sizing

designman
designman Posts: 405
edited December 2014 in Road buying advice
Looking at buying myself the "Castelli Gabba 2 Long Sleeve Jersey", but need help in the sizing if possible please, I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I have a short sleeved Gabba and reckon the fit is in between Rapha's classic and pro jersey's if that is of any help. (Only will be if you have any Rapha gear).

Peter
  • designman wrote:
    Looking at buying myself the "Castelli Gabba 2 Long Sleeve Jersey", but need help in the sizing if possible please, I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
    Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.
    Can I suggest some more protein and a few push ups? :D
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Medium
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    JGSI wrote:
    Medium
    I tried a large SS Gabba and sent it back as too large. Shame, as it was £85.
    (38cm, 184cm & 75kg - medium in Rapha)
  • Sizing can be a very individual thing. I'm very similar in size to Dr above (more probably a 40inch chest) but I ordered a large Gabba online yesterday. Fearing I'd got the size wrong I went to a local shop to try one today and the large felt great on. Wee bit tight on the arms but perfect across the chest. Going by your measurements I'd suggest a Medium.

Where are you buying from? If you've got a credit card just buy a few sizes from wiggle or chain reaction and you can send them back for free once you get the sizing right.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    For what it's worth, I am 6'1", 34" Waist and 81 Kgs and my XXL Gabba fits me perfectly. That said, it's not skin tight on me which might be a good thing as my dimensions are probably expanding as Christmas goes and the New Year approaches - I'll be glad to get back to sensible eating and drinking habits on 2 January!!

As an aside, the Gabba is a fantastic bit of kit and you won't regret buying.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    edited June 2015
    Medium I'd say
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    foggymike wrote:
    I'm about the same as you and my medium is spot on. Snug and fitted but not skin tight, with enough room for a light or medium weight base layer if needed.
    Same experience here. I'd say medium.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • nicklong
    nicklong Posts: 231
    I am 5'10", 30" waist, 36.5" chest, 65kg. I bought a small and a medium, both were tight (fitted) around the chest but I went for the medium in the end. The small was extremely tight around the shoulders.

A medium should be ok on you.
  • yep, you'll be a medium.
    I'm 5ft 11, 34 waist, 78Kilos and do a 'large' fyi.
    They're a superb bit of kit too. :D
  • Your location says Leeds - why not pop into Evans and try one on?

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • medium

I'm 6', 40 Reg suit jacket, 34 waist and the Large fits me.

It's not a baggy garment.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.