Goals for 2015?

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,480
edited January 2015 in The cake stop
knock out 5 x 100 milers, one sportive and get to 12st… :shock:
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Move house, ride the bike more and talk about riding less, get to 10 stone :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Ride for 100km then 100 miles and ride 10. Mile TT in less than 30 mins
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,496
    More downhill and get back to 11 stone.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Learn to ride up a hill and the latter goal becomes more realistic. :idea:
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

If I did that I'd end up like Arran.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I don't see how I can realistically find time to cycle more, I have done circa 6000km the last 2 years running, so I shall be looking to incorporate a more structured approach to my training while taking my diet a little more seriously.

I have a couple of trips that are likely to push me out of my comfort zone in 2015, so will be training with them in mind.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Tough goals!

I have never tried to get up to 10, 11 or 12 stone, but I did once try to gain 5kgs and had to eat all kinds of sh1t I wouldn't normally consider eating, so I do appreciate what you have gone through to achieve your current weight, well done! :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    5K miles, buy a house, more windsurfing, more sailing, more bike racing. More cooking.
  • Stevo_666
    team47b wrote:
    Tough goals!

I have never tried to get up to 10, 11 or 12 stone, but I did once try to gain 5kgs and had to eat all kinds of sh1t I wouldn't normally consider eating, so I do appreciate what you have gone through to achieve your current weight, well done! :D
    That's all very well for you T47, but at least we don't have to walk around in the shower to get wet :wink:
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Can't be arsed to make grandiose plans for the new year, I have entered the London 100 ballot so maybe I'll be doing that and as my brother in law now lives two miles from the starting point of the London to Brighton course we're planning to ride there and back on the day.

Beyond that I'll try to ride a bit more and eat a bit less and see what occurs!!
  • 19min 10, 52min 25, 1hr 53 50, 3h 59 100m.
    11hr 59 ironman.
    Better do more riding and less eating!
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Riding up hills is never going to make you devilishly handsome :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Change career.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • 2014 was a year with tons of downs for me, both in terms of my personal life and my cycling. It was also the year of working way too much, with no where near enough time on the bike. I think I managed around 1500km in total, even with commutes added in.

My main goal for 2015 is to find the energy to get a ride in after work at least twice a week, and one at the weekend. I also want to make sure I get a least 3 commutes in per week.
  • arran77
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Change career.

You've been saying that all this year haven't you :wink:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Riding up hills is never going to make you devilishly handsome :P
    That bit's already sorted :wink:
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    arran77 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Change career.

You've been saying that all this year haven't you :wink:

Indeed I have. Its so easy to just meander along, keep ones' head down and collect the cheque each month. Guilty as charged.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    1: Not to get so down about everything.
    2: sub 22minute 10 on my local club course
    3: sub 2hrs in the beacon little mountain tt.
    4: sub 1hr 25 on a local course, sub 55 on a fast course.
    5: not to worry about 2-4.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Finish my studies.
    Start a new career or get onto a PhD course.
    Go out on my bike for an actual proper ride for the first time since 2013. That'll happen sometime after October this year.
    Try not to break my leg 2 weeks before the birth of my second son. Which will be a big improvement over the birth of my first son.
  • Hit 70 kg`s do a few 100 milers and rid myself of back pain. Simples ! :roll:
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    This year I've done 2,250 miles with 144,000ft of climbing, so next years target is 4,000 miles and 300,000ft of climbing. Generally getting fitter and faster, I've dropped 8kg this year from 75-67kg, or at least I had before the last couple of weeks excesses. 65kg should come naturally with more riding.
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    10 k kms total distance

Ride 200 km in a day.

Enjoy myself
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    Learn to drive (starts Jan 6th).
    Buy a car.
    Get out on the mountain bike more.
    200 mile ride.
    Go touring, even if it's just a long weekend.
    Get back into rock climbing (maybe).
    Move away from Stoke.

Should all be easily achievable but somehow I failed on all counts this year.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Goal 4 and 7 should work together :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • stoveman
    stoveman Posts: 125
    Main aim to get a lot more miles in on the bike.Dropped 2 1/2 stone since August,and hoping to be down to 13st by the beginning of August,would mean a total loss of just over 5 stone.
    Aiming for first 50 mile ride in a couple of months and then a 100 miler by the end of the year.

Also saving for first serious roadbike next winter,really fancy a BMC.
  • Ventoux
    24hr ride
    62kg
    Finish renovating house
    Avoid learning to drive for another year
  • Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    Work less.
    Spend more time with my family
    Ride more (now 5000miles/year)
    Run more (now 3-4times/week, 5miles each time)
    Swim more (now 3times/week, 60lanes each time)

Weight I don't care, it's always taken care of itself and will continue to do so regardless.

Learn German (been living in Germany 2yr, I'm still useless)

Change Job for one where 9am-5pm is more often than 5pm-9am. Otherwise none of the above possible.
  • Ride up the Zoncolon.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Continue the weight loss.
    Get fit.
    Spend more time with the wife and kids.
    Living MY dream.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Get a new Mrs,maintain my fitness and try to break an 80 minute half marathon,do lots of Sportives with my buddies ! And all in all have damn sight better new year as opposed to this one :D
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.