The Saturday 'are you feeling fat yet?' thread

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,156
edited December 2014 in The bottom bracket
I am.

Not been on the bike for a week now and we're off to the brother in-laws for turkey curry or something like that. May be mildly tedious but his daughters are both easy on the eye and the boyfriend of the elder one is a West Ham fan :twisted: so I should be able have a bit of fun today...
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Yes, very!

Not just feeling it....the scales just confirmed it :cry:

Major change of eating habits and training schedule starting New Year!
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,591
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I am.

Not been on the bike for a week now and we're off to the brother in-laws for turkey curry or something like that. May be mildly tedious but his daughters are both easy on the eye, and the boyfriend of the elder one :twisted: so I should be able have a bit of fun today...
    FTFY :wink:
    Feeling fat and too icy to get out on the bike.
    Detox day today, then back on it tomorrow.
    May get on the bike at some point. There is a turbo in the cupboard which should be used but I simply cannot be ar$ed.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Think I might have to make do with doing a few weights for now as the chances of getting on the bike again this year are pretty slim. Not that it'll lose me any lard. I just stepped on the scales as well - curiosity got the better of me - 73kg :( Not that New Years resolutions are any good :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I am.

Not been on the bike for a week now and we're off to the brother in-laws for turkey curry or something like that. May be mildly tedious but his daughters are both easy on the eye and the boyfriend of the elder one is a West Ham fan :twisted: so I should be able have a bit of fun today...

If they like fat blokes you might be in there. :wink:

I was feeling fat but went for a 12km walk today in one of the country parks - almost 800m of ascent and descent. Now I'm not fat but my knees are fu@ked.......
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Stevo_666
    pottssteve wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I am.

I was feeling fat but went for a 12km walk today in one of the country parks - almost 800m of ascent and descent. Now I'm not fat but my knees are fu@ked.......
    I remember HK is a bit on the hilly side - at least the weather isn't shyte like it is here just now.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I am.

I remember HK is a bit on the hilly side - at least the weather isn't shote like it is here just now.

You're not wrong. One section of today's walk was over 1km at an average gradient of 25-30%. It's a killer on the knees.

There's pros and cons living here, though. True, there's no snow or frost - current daytime temperatures are hovering around 15 degrees or so, although today was very humid and misty on the tops so there was no view from the Pat Sin Leng range. I've been out riding 4 days in the last week, and the forecast is for sun again for the next week or so. However, on the negative side much of the riding is on bike paths and many of the roads are very dangerous due to the generally poor quality of driving as it would appear that the locals can judge neither speed or distance and are bullying @rseholes....Can't have it all.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Just done an hour on the turbo, it's eased my conscience but I would imagine done very little in reality.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Out on the bike Boxing Day and today, shivered the calories away.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    despite a decent ride on boxing day and a swim and a 4 mile run today I'm feeling fat. Thankfully eaten relatively well today and going out for a couple of hours run tomorrow.

Later today is the theatre with the bin lids to watch the borrowers, so should be fun
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Not feeling fat, well no more than usual.

Took the crudder out, felt weird so came home quickly and took the real bike out and got wet and freezing cold to the point I was scared I couldn't operate my brakes :)

More food and drink tonight with friends. the best part of this time of year eh!
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    I take the view that it's better to enjoy your food and cycle off the excess rather than be a racing snake.

Life's too short to eat salad and drink foul wine. 8)
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Quite right Slowmart. About to have another huge meal at my folks. Mmmmm. I'm not as skinny as I used to be, but who cares.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    The better half?

I am in the same boat, I do watch what I eat as such but I'll never say no to a meal out or a glass of wine. Cheese and Ham are always nice. And chocolate, god damn chocolate
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • I don't have any real problem with chocolate, will indulge in a kitkat chunky or picnic bar now and again, it's crisps for me. I am an absolute sucker for crisps, especially when I've a beer on the go. Cheese too, I eat far too much cheese. Luckily I inherited naturally skinny genes from my father otherwise I'd be an absolute bloater.
  • florerider
    I have a real problem with chocolate , it gives me migraine.

Helps keep the weight off though.

Beer makes me ill, not so happy with that one :( not good for someone who worked in Germany for years. Can just about survive 2 small ones in Belgium and that's it.

Still, it meant I learnt a bit about German wines :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Not feeling fat, just had my regular 4 meal and snacks today..

Spent an hour or so cleaning bike bits and wrestling with that pesky thing you put in a Campag overboard cup whilst you torque the crankset up.
    Thing 2 has had a very high temperature today so been paying nurse to the poor sausage and stripped her down to nappy, cold cloths and lots of fluid. Then she emptied the contents of her stomach all over me as i tried to carry her to bed. Must go as she is bawling and due some Calpol. Hope to get a banana or something to carry her through the night or bike plans for tomorrow are out of the window.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Sounds messy.

Just got back from our day round at the in-laws where my second curry in 24 hours could have similar consequences. Idid at least manage to sit in between the hot sisters at the dinner table to keep my interest up :)
  • florerider
    Are you the Uncle mothers warn their daughters about at Xmas?
  • Stevo_666
    florerider wrote:
    Nope - I'm very well behaved, it's just fortunate they can't mind read :twisted:
  • florerider
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    florerider wrote:
    Nope - I'm very well behaved, it's just fortunate they can't mind read :twisted:

Let's hope you're right :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    florerider wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    florerider wrote:

Let's hope you're right :D

Never mind that, he should be locked up for incestuous thoughts (even though your not actually related).
    Have you got any pictures of them?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    If you want to make yourself a decent pervy uncle you'll need to get your own material.