Rotor LT powermeter offer

2»

Comments

• Good - an example. Aero testing isn't anything I'd ever considered doing with mine. I'm guessing you need to be a TTer before you worry too much about this and, even then, looking for some reasonable sized improvements if field testing is going to show them. Next time I want to do aero testing, I'll rent/borrow a meter.

If you accept that example then you also accept that normal power meters (correctly calibrated, zero'd etc) are within 3w in the field, but that single sided power meters are >3x less reliable, regardless of the application you're using them for.
  • If you accept that example then you also accept that normal power meters (correctly calibrated, zero'd etc) are within 3w in the field, but that single sided power meters are >3x less reliable, regardless of the application you're using them for.

Absolutely not - how did you draw the >3x less reliable?

What I've accepted is that for some people single-sided meters might not provide the precision required for aero testing. I'm taking your word for that because it's feasible and because I have no data to refute it. I've stepped away from my "half the proof the FDA require" hurdle but you've provided me with no proof. In fact, my own experience flies in the face of this but I accept that I'm N=1. See - I'm reasonable.

But I don't accept any "three times" assertions. I've agreed that for some people their left leg output might vary by as much as 7W (again, no data) . When people are doing 20 minute FTP tests and using that to estimate their FTP, show me that it matters. Then show me that it matters to their training programmes or, indeed, to an event result.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH