new mini pump

sofaboy73
sofaboy73 Posts: 574
edited December 2014 in MTB buying advice
need a new min pump as my old blackburn one has given up the ghost.

needs to have a deep enough recess / adapter to fit stans no tubes valves - the adapters on lezyne pumps for example aren't deep enough to take into account the removable valve core.

any recommendations for something fairly compact and powerfull

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Since when couldn't Lezyne pumps do Stans valves? My Lezyne track pump screws on to the removable core itself just like any other Presta valve.
  • peter413 wrote:
    Since when couldn't Lezyne pumps do Stans valves? My Lezyne track pump screws on to the removable core itself just like any other Presta valve.

your track pump might do, but the flexible hose adapter on the alloy drive & pressure drive mini pumps isn't deep (for want of a better word) enough to account for the extra length of the valve core. the upshot being you screw it on all the way and then you can't get any air into it.

hence needing a new mini pump as it would be nice to be able to change my tyre pressure when i'm out if i need to

so anyone got any recomendations
  • Lezyne HV Drive Mini - works fine with Stan's tubeless valves for me (with removeable cores*) ... :?:

Seems to withstand getting coated in shite on a regular basis & hasn't fallen off the frame mount yet.

[* the only problem I've had is accidentally unscrewing the cores when unscrewing the adaptor, but tweaking the cores a bit tighter solved that.]
  • Mister_g wrote:
    Lezyne HV Drive Mini - works fine with Stan's tubeless valves for me (with removeable cores*) ... :?:

Seems to withstand getting coated in shite on a regular basis & hasn't fallen off the frame mount yet.

[* the only problem I've had is accidentally unscrewing the cores when unscrewing the adaptor, but tweaking the cores a bit tighter solved that.]

yep, mine unscrewed the valve core as well, but then couldn't get it to put any air into it no matter how much i screwed it on. mines either the alloy drive or pressure drive (can't remember which) but assume the adapter is the same). very strange