Cycleops fluid 2 spares

Gaz777
Gaz777 Posts: 84
edited January 2015 in Road general
Hi everyone,

Santa was good enough to bring me a fluid 2 for Christmas.... Unfortunately the L bolt is missing from the kit, so I can't assemble the trainer. Obviously I'll email the retailer after the Christmas break but their site shows the trainers to be out of stock now so I fear there may be a delay getting the part...

Being impatient, and wanting to use the trainer, does anyone know of anywhere I could get one from in the Essex area?

Thanks,

Gareth.

Comments

• cswitch
    cswitch Posts: 261
    best bet is to contact the distributor. If they are not on an extended holiday break you might be able to get them to send one come Monday.
  • Gaz777
    I've tried calling Paligap, but they're not picking up, so possibly aren't back at work today. I'll try again on Monday.
  • Gaz777
    I'll update in case anyone else has a similar issue.... It was actually the retailer that sorted this, at the second attempt. They sent the wrong part to start with, then followed up with the correct one. Although they didn't have any further units in stock, they thankfully had spares. They were easy to deal with and always replied to me.

Cycleops replied once, told me to deal with the retailer then ignored follow up emails. Paligap were useless and ignored all emails and phone messages. I had to leave messages as they never picked up.
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    Strange...
    Paligap sorted me out no problem with my Fluid2 issues. They were more than helpful!
  • Gaz777
    I did read in your thread that paligap were helpful to you, which prompted me to contact them. There's every chance of course that they may have been helpful had I managed to speak to someone. But, I had no response to two emails and two phone messages, so gave up once the retailer sent me the correct part!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Most likely not back from the holidays yet.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Gaz777
    I did think that was a possible, so I'll see if a response gets sent next week. Although Paligap seem pretty large, I'd be surprised if they've been shut solidly since Christmas.
  • May I ask who was the retailer was in the end please? I've just changed my bike and need a longer L bolt :-(

Thank you.
  • Gaz777
    Of course; the retailer was wiggle, but they show the longer L bolt as out of stock as a spare. That's what lead me to contacting cycleops and paligap, as I didn't think they'd be able to help. Credit to them though, it wasn't their fault but they were the only ones bothered about sorting it out. They thankfully had a selection of spares!

Paligap are obviously back at work as normal now, and no one has returned my emails or phone messages.
  • Thanks. Didn't u order the trainer from wiggle? Which would make it their fault?
  • Gaz777
    Yeah I did; I'd say the responsibility was with them to help me out (which they did) but the trainer was supplied to me sealed from cycleops in a box (it just came in plastic wrapping from wiggle, they hadn't opened it or anything). The fault would lie with a manufacturing mis-pick, as I had two coach bolts and no L bolt rather than one of each, in the sealed bags you get inside the box.
  • So are we saying that it's wiggle's fault...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Gaz777
    I believe that's the traditional bikeradar outcome :wink: