Rock Shox Reba RL 29, PushLoc, 100mm query

ksaunlimited
ksaunlimited Posts: 4
edited December 2014 in MTB beginners
New to the Air territory of forks, but here we go.

So it's christmas and i get a new bike, and i get into a whole new world of Rockshox, cutting this story short i needed to raise the pressure of my forks as they were a little low fresh from the box. Now, the shock pump i bought (Top Peak) wasn't 100% right, thus leading to ALL the air escaping from my forks. I simply corrected the shock pump and pumped them back upto my desired pressure.

The question i'm asking is after losing all the pressure do i need to re-adjust anything else? (I didn't touch anything else) So do i just leave everything else as is? I understand the whole re-bound etc but i'm not getting at that, i just want to know after losing all the air does simply re pressurising it take it back to how it was before i lost my pressure?

Many thanks!

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Are they solo air? If so then you'll be fine.

Dual air you need to start again with both chambers, but otherwise rebound doesn't need resetting.
  • Yeah, they're solo air indeed! Basically just lost all the air in the pre-load chamber. So i'm good to go?
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Yes, just re-set the sag.

You'll need to have a play with the rebound to get it right, but that's irrespective of you losing all the air.
  • mcnultycop wrote:
    Yes, just re-set the sag.

You'll need to have a play with the rebound to get it right, but that's irrespective of you losing all the air.

Thank you very much for a fast response! Merry X-Mas to you and have a prosperous New Year!