Bike related pressies

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited January 2015 in The cake stop
Merry Christmas to everyone.

Just got a lovely surprise this morning from the wife. Lots of bike related presents which must have cost a fortune.

I got from her a set of speedplay zero pedals as my SPD SL were giving me some knee pain.
A Castelli SanRemo 2 Thermosuit which is the DBs. Really cant wait to go out in it. Just have to get used to riding new pedsl system.

So. What nice things did everyone else get today? Good or bad. Anyone get something that's destined straight to eBay?

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Nice presses lucky man, the thermosuit is great bit of kit but get a decent base layer under it - enjoy :D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,827
    Got quite a few bike pressies this year.

Got a signed eddy mercx picture and a Miguel indurain signed picture to add to my collection. Got a portable pressure washer for washing the bikes. A new bike bag. New pedals and helmet for the mountain bike. A nespresso machine (coffee is cycling related), a new iPad which will get a fair bit of use for trainer road I think.

And of course my cycling pressie to myself is a new cyclocross bike and new mountain bike which I've got in the last month.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Got quite a few bike pressies this year.

Got a signed eddy mercx picture and a Miguel indurain signed picture to add to my collection. Got a portable pressure washer for washing the bikes. A new bike bag. New pedals and helmet for the mountain bike. A nespresso machine (coffee is cycling related), a new iPad which will get a fair bit of use for trainer road I think.

And of course my cycling pressie to myself is a new cyclocross bike and new mountain bike which I've got in the last month.

phew. Thanks. I feel much less spoilt now after reading all that ;-)
  • My wife bought me some leg warmers.
    I think she's embarrassed and trying to disguise the fact her husband shaves his legs. :roll:
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Zinn maintenance book (isn't it thick?), w/proof over shoes and a cree torch/front light.

Oh, and some money from the missus to get a new jacket :D
  • Sod all, but an excellent skiing jacket
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    2 copies of the latest Procycling.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    A copy of 50 Places To Bike Before You Die. I'd better get a move on!
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Oh, and another 100 best climbs
  • I don't normally get bike stuff at all. This year:

Dhb Roubaix Asv jersey and matching bibs plus a ls base layer and dhb packable rain jacket; I'm sorted for winter! Pair of wooly boolies, pair of seal skins socks too. Sportful hi-vis gloves. Ribble photochromatic glasses. Garmin up front mount.

Can't believe how nice the wiggle Asv stuff is - and the close fit will be perfect once I lose a few kilos over January!!
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    A bike turbo, clearly my family think I need to suffer a bit more than I already do.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    Micky Flanagan's Detour De France DVD.

It may be enjoyable, although I have my doubts, but I will never know as the sound mix has the backing music too loud making any comments unintelligible.

Why do movie producers do this? :evil:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Got a nice set of carbon FSA bars from the mother-in-law 8)

Dropped lots of hints about money for shiny Campagnolo bits but ended up with smellies, oh and wine from the father in law, great for someone who hasn't been able to drink for 18 months because of the tablets I'm on!!!
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • A nespresso machine (coffee is cycling related), a new iPad which will get a fair bit of use for trainer road I think.

From the long suffering Chancellor I too got a coffee, hence cycling related gift…a VERY nice Mazzer Mini auto grinder. to grind own beans and make cafe style milk drinks and "real" fag ash strength espressos!!
    Joking aside, she indulges me!!
    And speaking of trainer road on iPad…are you aware it does NOT do landscape mode, something i queried with them last week!
    Apparently it will be in a future update…bit pants if you ask me…can't use the TACX holder properly in upright!!!
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,827
    A nespresso machine (coffee is cycling related), a new iPad which will get a fair bit of use for trainer road I think.

From the long suffering Chancellor I too got a coffee, hence cycling related gift…a VERY nice Mazzer Mini auto grinder. to grind own beans and make cafe style milk drinks and "real" fag ash strength espressos!!
    Joking aside, she indulges me!!
    And speaking of trainer road on iPad…are you aware it does NOT do landscape mode, something i queried with them last week!
    Apparently it will be in a future update…bit pants if you ask me…can't use the TACX holder properly in upright!!!

I found out about that today and I agree it's a bit pants really. I'll probably use my Macbook and I'm hoping to get a stages pm soon so will use the Bluetooth direct to it.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    I just got this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Legends-Tour-Ja ... 178185999X and it's brilliant.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Got a pantani dvd, Castelli nano knee warmers, altura gloves, and the best of the lot rapha winter bib tights. g/f is well up to speed on the important things a cyclist needs :D

PS. merry Christmas to all you guys
  • My wife also takes hints and this year passed them on to friends and family.

My presents split was about 60% coffee related and 40% cycle related

Highlights were some lovely chain-link cufflinks and enough vouchers for a new jersey and gloves

Coffee nerds will appreciate my new CoffeeAlley600 cold brew drip system.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    £50 Wiggle voucher from the Outlaws.

Excellent.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    I got a Merino wool base layer and a really nice cycle balaclava which also completely covers my neck and has a mouth hole for drinking through. Looks a bit scary on it's own but okay under the helmet - tried it out yesterday in icy cold conditions and it kept me nice and warm. :D
  • As a road, MTB and cyclocross racer, regular cyclist and cycling bore, I was surprised to receive absolutely nothing cycling related. Maybe I need to drop more hints next year.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Nothing at all cycling related,although an awful lot of running gear :wink:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • stoveman
    stoveman Posts: 125
    As a newbie, wifey treated me to my first clip in pedals (Exustars) and a rather tasty pair of shimano SPD-SL shoes.

Had cash from some of my other relatives so thats gone in the bank towards a BMC Team machine. :D
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    A retro style "Ti Raleigh" cycling jersey 8) and a TdF box set including the best helicopter camera footage from recent years. Also, a subscription to Cycle Sport magazine and a pair of Endura gloves :D
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Got the Rouleur Bike mechanic book which is excellent;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bike-Mechanic-T ... e+mechanic

Plus a Howies x=n+1 t-shirt.

Oh and some beer.
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Strange one this ...

My wife to be said she daren't get me cycling gear cos she'd get it wrong (despite the hints I've dropped) so ended up with my football season ticket being paid for and a Paul Smith wallet... But .. The mother in law to be got me a twelve month subscription to Cyclist magazine which I read regularly and the sister in law to be got me Zinn and a bicycle riders notes book thingy which are both cool. Neither normally get me owt decent!?!?
    Even my mother came up trumps with two books, The Monuments & Domestique ;)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    Bit of a disaster , checked out Wiggles merino base layers and windslam blade having suffered severely with the cold on a club run. Checked the sizes with on line wiggle chat and ordered them on behalf of wife as her prezzie to me....None of them fit me comfortably. Need large in the base layers and XL in the blade. Normally a medium in DHB, but the form cut just doesn't accommodate my shoulders. Gutted not to have them for 2 rides so far.

I asked my parents to get me the new Garmin speed cadence sensor. I helped them order it on line. Opened it on Xmas day to find they had been sent the old version GSC 10... Gutted to have to return it too.....

The nail clippers my wife got me are outstanding! Lol.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Assorted tools + Garmin Edge 1000 :P
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.