Christmas Eve Thread

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited December 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning biatches.

Today will consist of going to the cemetery, Crib service at church and then heading over to my Mums where we'll be for a couple of days all whilst trying to entertain two very hyperactive 4 and 6 year olds :lol:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Bike ride and pick up the 6 sprouts that form the regulation portion :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:
    Bike ride and pick up the 6 sprouts that form the regulation portion :roll:

It's Christmas, go wild and have 7 :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Today will consist of sitting in the f*cking office seething with resentment.

Average Wednesday really.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Rapha 500, so a quick 90 miles as the sun is out. then visit the shops and cry, then go the pub and go oh well
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Usual christmas eve stuff this morning, wrapping, dropping gifts off at various places. The afternoon and some of the evening will be spent in the pub, it's my best mates birthday today so we always meet up for a few beers. The trick is to not get carried away and find yourself in a crap late night bar ordering shots as the clock rolls over into christmas day, done it once and never again!
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    Sitting in the office doing fark all until lunchtime (well, watching episodes of Bottom on youtube anyway) then pedalling home and going to the pub - if I can sneak past the sprogs :wink:
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Usual Wednesday morning for me.

I'm at work until lunch time. Today will consist of a little light Facebooking, making sure that 'Phil the tw@t' has sufficient liquid nitrogen to last until Sunday, and switching everything off that can go off for the christmas break.

The older I get, the better I was.

• vimfuego
    well, off for a dump. Might try for a new record......
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to top that ^^^
    Sat in the office surrounded by people talking shite, much like any other day in that respect. Strange how more people have found their way into work when it's a short day with little work to be done and free food.
    Managed to get out for a few pints last night and will do the same tonight once everything is sorted for tomorrow.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • In work, finishing early. Lunch out with Mrs BBGeek where turkey and sprouts will be consumed.
    Then home to sleep it off in front of the fire. Muppets Christmas Carol is on later which is the best film ever made: FACT.
    Happy holidays everyone.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    We're already well into Christmas Eve and it's rocking' over here. Did a quick 40km ride this morning and saw a man cleaning a labrador's anus. Been out for a spot of lunch and some shopping, just watched Jacky Chan's First Strike on DVD and flicked on Eurosport Asia. It's a feast of cycling with 4 hours of highlights from the 2014 season. And what have they chosen to show?
    1. Tour of Lombardy - OK
    2. Ninety minutes of stage 21 of the Vuelta - which was a time trial....
    3. Jens Voigt's Hour Record....

FFS...
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • vimfuego
    ....43 minutes. Not bad at all. Just got to survive until lunchtime now.

Die Hard counts as a Christmas film right? (If I'm going to sneakily watch a film in the office, it might as well be something festive).
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • CHRISNOIR
    vimfuego wrote:
    well, off for a dump. Might try for a new record......
    How'd it go, Vim?*

*Yes, I'm bored...
  • vimfuego
    Not a two pounder but satisfying nonetheless.

Hoooooowdey Hooooooo!

poop.jpeg
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,547
    Long drive back down South with parentals in tow. I am in my best bah humbug mood today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    In work, finishing early. Lunch out with Mrs BBGeek where turkey and sprouts will be consumed.
    Then home to sleep it off in front of the fire. Muppets Christmas Carol is on later which is the best film ever made: FACT.
    Happy holidays everyone.

We always watch the Patrick Stewart version, which is one of the best I've seen. If I had "It's a wonderful life", I'd watch that as well!

The older I get, the better I was.

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just taken the dog for a windy and wet walk with a friend which was nice, kids settled down smashing seven bells out of new piano, lunch on the go just waiting for TDM to return in laws here, 'rents arrive tomorrow, hit the gin and tonics at around 6.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • CHRISNOIR
    Finally - official word from the powers-that-be that we can all go home.

Merry f*cking Christmas to you all.
  • Breakfast
    Received new tyres
    Boiled a ham for tomorrow (60 min)
    Fitted new tubeless CX tyres
    Went out for a full english breakfast (somewhat disappointing)
    Went for a high intensity 90 minutes off road ride with the new tyres
    Bought some apples, carrots and a pineapple
    Cooked a pheasant curry

Going out for a beer or two? :P
    left the forum March 2023
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    normally work Christmas Eve, so its been nice to be off with the family.

Though first thing I did go for a decent 9 mile run with a couple of pals. Since then I've enjoyed cleaning the masters, then been for a 13 mile family bike ride with a pub lunch at the end.

Now watching family films with the kids whilst they drink hot chocolate.
  • veronese68
    Left work at 1:15 because nothing was happening. Done all my wrapping and seem to be ready for tomorrow. Off to the pub soon then.
  • Did the Brassoing ,washing in washing out and hung out, kitchen cleaned , cooker polished , bathroom tiles re whitened.
    Then. Off to Whitby , Bothams egg and chips .Popped into see Dr Crank at the bike shop made a fuss of Mr Slinks the dog while Dr Crank was sat wrapped up in a blanket suffering from man flu.
    Started the Whitby routine 20 years ago with my first daughter now carrying it on with Grace .
    Whitby was fine and dry , fairly quiet but nice atmosphere , coffee at Shepard's Purse and did a couple of calls on the way home.
    Bath and clean the tiles down now.
    All the best
    ILG
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Who tf are yew lot?

Wrapping done. Skyfall. OH at work.

Have a good one tomorrow.

P
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Drink drunk, stockings stocked. Night night all, have a good day tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,547
    Finally back home, parents delivered to relatives for now. Time for a drink while watching the box. Stropteen better be happy with her present or there will be trouble....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Back home after a few beers...now going to bed on Christmas day. Was fairly sensible though so no hangover in the morning. Enjoy your day everyone.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    We have two Christmas Days in our house. Today was the Hungarian Christmas. First time in his life that the little boy didn't have an afternoon nap. He was still running backwards and forwards across the bed at 8.30 pm. :roll:

Just starting to wrap presents to take over to the family tomorrow.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    johnfinch wrote:
    We have two Christmas Days in our house. Today was the Hungarian Christmas. First time in his life that the little boy didn't have an afternoon nap. He was still running backwards and forwards across the bed at 8.30 pm. :roll:

Just starting to wrap presents to take over to the family tomorrow.

No Bond films? :wink:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs