Tuesday, the day of panic buying

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited December 2014 in The bottom bracket
Well not for me.

I do have to go buy a new bike though, just sold my Giant so I could get a winter bike. Think I'll miss the old girl even if the S works is a hotter and faster
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Me neither, unless you count trying to track down some fresh dill for my Christmas Day starter!

New bike shopping...nice :)

What are you going for?
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    No panic buying for me as the current wife just gave me the iPad to press buy on

Today is work meh and not buying a bike - would rather be buying a bike
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I'm going to do all my panic buying tomorrow. It's traditional.

Hope she likes screen wash.
    Insert bike here:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    No panic buying for me today, I save that for tomorrow. Traditionally I go to the pub at lunchtime then buy any last minute gifts when my impeccable taste has been heightened by beer. Never fails.
    I too would rather be buying a bike. Winter bike, is that like a fat bike with studded tyres so you can ride over snow and stuff?
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    mpatts wrote:
    I'm going to do all my panic buying tomorrow. It's traditional.

Yeah, it's good to get it out of the way early.
  • Flâneur
    No it is one I can fit mudguards too so my friends can stop whining like little bitches. No wonder they don't take the mountain bikes out.

Going with discs whichever way

Tempted to go cylclocross so I can try that with a CAADX, TCX or the Kinesis bikes

Otherwise maybe a CAAD10, or Synapse , maybe a new Defy, but giants look so dull.

Always planet X I suppose as this is just for riding around with mudguards on
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Beltaine
    Beltaine Posts: 166
    All done here too, phew. Just had a delivery from some courier or other, with 5 kilo's of tiger nuts inside for carp bait.

Both the bottom feeder and youngest guppy witnessed the delivery and both think it was a present for them being delivered. I shall let them run with this, as ignorance is bliss.
    ....I don't know why; It's a perfectly cromulent word....
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    No it is one I can fit mudguards too so my friends can stop whining like little bitches. No wonder they don't take the mountain bikes out.

Going with discs whichever way

Tempted to go cylclocross so I can try that with a CAADX, TCX or the Kinesis bikes

Otherwise maybe a CAAD10, or Synapse , maybe a new Defy, but giants look so dull.

Always planet X I suppose as this is just for riding around with mudguards on
    Definitely worth going discs for bad weather use. Still loving my Kinesis, highly recommend it. I built mine up from a frame and forks using cheap groupset deals and got it cheaper than the complete bike with a slightly better spec. I would look at hydraulic brakes if possible now, I have a semi-hydraulic set up using a TRP Parabox thingy. Not very elegant, but effective.
  • Flâneur
    which Kin did you get mate? Tempted with Kin as LBS can sort me out
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Got a Pro6 in ridiculous green. Built it up with full 105, handbuilt wheels and BB7 brakes originally, now upgraded the brakes. Had it for about 2 years now I think. Picture in my sig is after doing 80 miles of London to Brighton off road. Normally run 32mm road tyres and full guards. Did the PaddleLondon86 on it this year and many commented how it was the perfect bike for the conditions. Very versatile bike, light and fast and changes use according to the tyres. I'm going to build a spare set of wheels for mud plugging next.
  • Flâneur
    Cheers, I'll go talk to the LBS in a bit once my friend has popped in to say hello.

Waiting for women, what a way to spend christmas, like every other day
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Finishing up at work inside the hour, headed down the West End to do a spot of last minute panic buying then I'm getting in the car for the long trek up to The 'Boro mid-afternoon. Then down here again tomorrow :? Followed by the usual crap on the 25th and Chelski v West Ham on Boxing Day (with no tubes running :roll: )

Great fun this Christmas lark...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • We will be going up to the Midlands to see rest of family on Boxing Day, so should be able to pop in to shops on the way. Today is way too early to start shopping.
  • Flâneur
    Kin comes out looking too much for the budget :(
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Kin comes out looking too much for the budget :(
    The Boardman, Canyon and Rose crossers may be in your budget Sa0u, if they are to your taste...

Now in Redka, fish n chips scoffed and getting tanked up after finishing up work for the year.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    The 'Kin' is 'Kin fugly. For an Italian, you ain't half got awful taste.

Just looking forward to christmas day and the weather forecast is looking good so far for a bike ride. Then it's roast beast and Yorkshire pudding cooked by a mashed me and after that pressie opening for the toots. OH is away at work from 6pm so muggins is holding fort and probably winding some of you feckers up.

Missed the hour window for the courier delivering the OH's presents and so fingers crossed they will come tomorrow. :roll:
    The one down side to doing all the shopping online.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • The 'Kin' is 'Kin fugly. For an Italian, you ain't half got awful taste.

Italians are known for pedigree in road bikes and road cars, seems unfair to slate one for his off road bike. You could hardly criticise them for driving a Land Rover instead of that well known Italian alternative of...um..er...yeah....guess they should just buy a Land Rover.
  • pinno
    Yes, with you on the LR thingy but even the other one is a bit ghey. Look at it:

IMGP1355.jpg

What a dull bit of scaffolding if ever I saw one.
  • Stevo_666
    The 'Kin' is 'Kin fugly. For an Italian, you ain't half got awful taste.

Italians are known for pedigree in road bikes and road cars, seems unfair to slate one for his off road bike. You could hardly criticise them for driving a Land Rover instead of that well known Italian alternative of...um..er...yeah....guess they should just buy a Land Rover.
    Fair point. I mean, Campag can't even make mountain bike transmissions or brakes.
  • Jesus wept, I hadn't checked his sig, agreed that is terrible. Clearly a fake Italian or just found he was related to one five generations ago and plays on it to make him sound more interesting.
  • pinno
    Jesus wept, I hadn't checked his sig, agreed that is terrible. Clearly a fake Italian or just found he was related to one five generations ago and plays on it to make him sound more interesting.

They say that you can only eat so many meatballs and drink so much Chianti before... you get sick (or constipated).

If he was a real Italian, we'd be 'swimming with the fishes' by now, so we're safe.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,804
    Today (Tuesday) is not panic day.

Panic is post 18:00 on Christmas Eve after a few libations.
    Having worked in a shop as a teenager, I can tell you that some blokes will buy anything, at any price, at that point.

I did my shopping today, panic and stress free.

The wrapping however......
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    Sometimes, you go out fishing and you catch zilch.
  • veronese68
    Only half Italian, the old man is from Bolton. That may explain it.
    Sa0u, PlanetX have some cheap crossers, some of them with hydraulic discs, but not all have mudguard eyelets. Piña obviously doesn't realise that his disapproval is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.