Quiz - do you know your footy grounds?

city_boy
city_boy Posts: 1,616
edited December 2014 in The bottom bracket
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    9/10. Fell into the trap with the Ibrox/ Villa Park one.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    5/10 - a quite remarkable feat of guesswork seeing as the only ones I actually knew were Anfield (where I saw my first match in 1985 - seat in the Kemlyn Road end for a fiver) and White Hart Lane.
  • Beltaine
    Beltaine Posts: 166
    7/10. Believe me, no one is more surprised than me! :shock:
    ....I don't know why; It's a perfectly cromulent word....
  • 10/10 - but the only ground I recognised was Ibrox. The rest was down to luck, the multi-guess format, the advertising hoardings and my age helping to narrow down which teams the shirts belonged to - can't believe I spent so much time on doing this.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    2 out of 10 just by chance.

I cherish my ignorance. :mrgreen:

The older I get, the better I was.

• 7/10 - was more difficult than I thought it would be.
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    8 out of 10.

Made the same mistake with Ibrox which is a bit embarrassing as I've been there.

Also only got Stoke because Gordon Banks was in goal.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    3 by luck (I don't watch football). In your face, City Boy & Capt Slog!
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    8 out of 10 Ibrox got me too and Selhurst park, thought it was the Valley, Charlton's Ground.
  • 4/10. I got St Andrews which was all that mattered really
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    7 here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Which ones do I need to know apart from The Riverside and Stamford Bridge? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The Luzhniki Stadium?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The Luzhniki Stadium?
    I think you mean the Fussball Arena Munchen? Either way, not the sort of venue I expected an Arsenal fan to have any knowledge of :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I was fascinated with the Stamford Bridge article, more for how the game looks now rather than it just being about Chelsea's ground.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng- ... en-and-now

People on the roof of the stand watching a game for example. You can imagine that having living through a world war over several years then watching a football match from up there seemed low-risk and fairly innocuous. They cancel games these days because the pavements and approach roads are a bit icy.

I'd seen the 'splash' photo before but not realised another player was in there.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    I wonder what Military Pickle tasted like ?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!