Forum home Commuter cycling forum Commuting chat

6 month wait for delivery

slowbikeslowbike Posts: 8,498
edited December 2014 in Commuting chat
I dunno how you guys put up with the delays on your orders ...

at least I know the delivery I'm waiting for is going to take another 6 months to build ....



.... then N+1 will kick in ...

It'll have to be an add-on seat to start with, then probably a trailer, but hopefully not too long before a balance bike .... :D


yup - 6 months is going to seem like a lifetime, but I know it'll go quick ... :D

Posts

  • asprillaasprilla Posts: 8,440
    Get. In.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • CitizenLeeCitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Don't think Id bother waiting that long for a bike, even if it was free and custom built to my exact specification.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • slowbikeslowbike Posts: 8,498
    Asprilla wrote:
    Get. In.

    Not. Again. ..... says the wife ;) :roll:
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,644 Lives Here
    Many congratulations. It's not just the next 6 months that will fly by.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Many congratulations. It's not just the next 6 months that will fly by.

    Wot he said - congratulations
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • slowbikeslowbike Posts: 8,498
    Thanks chaps :) looking forward to it all and apprehensive all at the same time. Just usual I guess :)
  • PBoPBo Posts: 2,493
    Asprilla wrote:
    Get. In.
    what?!?

    has the canyon finally arrived? :)
  • PBoPBo Posts: 2,493
    Slowbike wrote:
    I dunno how you guys put up with the delays on your orders ...

    at least I know the delivery I'm waiting for is going to take another 6 months to build ....



    .... then N+1 will kick in ...

    It'll have to be an add-on seat to start with, then probably a trailer, but hopefully not too long before a balance bike .... :D


    yup - 6 months is going to seem like a lifetime, but I know it'll go quick ... :D

    congrats!

    however, as N+1 kicks in, there is the counterbalancing adjustment of N-1, which is the number of bikes required to stay solvent!!!
  • slowbikeslowbike Posts: 8,498
    PBo wrote:
    congrats!

    however, as N+1 kicks in, there is the counterbalancing adjustment of N-1, which is the number of bikes required to stay solvent!!!

    Thanks :)
    I have 5, my wife has 4 .... I think space might be at a premium first! :D
  • verminvermin Posts: 1,739
    Congratulations Mr Slowbike. King of the Mountings! :P
  • Slowbike wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    congrats!

    however, as N+1 kicks in, there is the counterbalancing adjustment of N-1, which is the number of bikes required to stay solvent!!!

    Thanks :)
    I have 5, my wife has 4 .... I think space might be at a premium first! :D

    Tell me you're not extending the bike/kid analogy here, otherwise I think it's a mini-bus you're needing :D
  • slowbikeslowbike Posts: 8,498
    Slowbike wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    congrats!

    however, as N+1 kicks in, there is the counterbalancing adjustment of N-1, which is the number of bikes required to stay solvent!!!

    Thanks :)
    I have 5, my wife has 4 .... I think space might be at a premium first! :D

    Tell me you're not extending the bike/kid analogy here, otherwise I think it's a mini-bus you're needing :D

    Ah - no ... I have 5 bikes, my wife has 4 ... this will be our first delivery of a stoker ... ;)
  • Slowbike wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    congrats!

    however, as N+1 kicks in, there is the counterbalancing adjustment of N-1, which is the number of bikes required to stay solvent!!!

    Thanks :)
    I have 5, my wife has 4 .... I think space might be at a premium first! :D

    Tell me you're not extending the bike/kid analogy here, otherwise I think it's a mini-bus you're needing :D

    Ah - no ... I have 5 bikes, my wife has 4 ... this will be our first delivery of a stoker ... ;)
    Congratulations :-)
  • The RookieThe Rookie Posts: 27,748
    Congratulations, now start banking the sleep NOW! If you are lucky you may not need it, but don't take the risk!
  • slowbikeslowbike Posts: 8,498
    The Rookie wrote:
    Congratulations, now start banking the miles NOW! If you are lucky you may get more rides in, but don't take the risk!

    I've fixed that for you ... ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.