Solstice Sunday Thread

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited December 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning.

Summer is officially on its way after today, time to dust the good bike down again :lol:

Usual helping at Sunday School shenanigans this morning with the possibility that I'll have to be one of the wise men in their nativity play if not enough littlies pitch.......first time for everything I know.....just thought I'd get the wise man gag in before any of you feckers do :lol:

After that I'm off to the outlaws for a Christmas meal, like matthew h we're properly dysfunctional too :D
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Is it the Soltice? :roll:

Cut some logs, restore a bit more of the Isetta, and go out for a bike ride after lunch, summer bike of course :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Arran, surely down your way you'd be hard pressed to find a virgin, never mind three wise men.

Mornin all, last nights curry hot me up a bit earlier than planned :P so am making myself useful sending email Xmas card to the people we couldn't be bothered sending real cards to. Later will be taking stropteen to hoss riding and watching the footy. The North East derby and the second best team in London vs the second best team in Liverpool should both be quite entertaining :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    the second best team in London vs the second best team in Liverpool should both be quite entertaining :)

I didn't realise Brentford were playing Tranmere :mrgreen:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Toe knee
    Toe knee Posts: 525
    ^^^^^ :D:D
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    the second best team in London vs the second best team in Liverpool should both be quite entertaining :)

:lol:

That's quite witty for a supporter of the second best team in Manchester :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Tranmere are on the Wirral not Liverpool, Please do not get them confused
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Yep, don't knock Tranmere, my old man's father used to manage them.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    spent my youth before I had an LFC ticket in the Tranmere Kop, £28 quid for a season ticket. Let us avoid the current price of my LFC ticket which thankfully is sold on these days
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Long before I was even born but an interesting bit of family football history nonetheless.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Arran, surely down your way you'd be hard pressed to find a virgin, never mind three wise men.

Its not Bromley you know :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Its not Bromley you know :P
    I do know :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    My wife's family are so ferkin nuts it's unbelievable- therefore I left at 8.30 this morning for a ride with the lads. Used piñata favourite bike for the first time / loved it, though the deep rim wheels were a bit dodgy in the 30mph winds (esp at 49mph)

Then meet the the people I love plus the in laws for a nice merl out

Now, I'm ferkin knackered
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Well, I made it through today without swinging for the bro in law. Mainly becasue I barely spoke to him. Went to see my sister and her lot down in Brighton, had lunch at theirs then took the kids to the pier for a bit. Most of the rides were shut so it wasn't worth hanging around for long so we went for a coffee then made good our escape. Carelessly we appear to have left our larger child down there.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    . . . Went to see my sister and her lot down in Brighton, . . . it wasn't worth hanging around for long so we went for a coffee then made good our escape.

Wasn't this on? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-30555569
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Veronese68 wrote:
    . . . Went to see my sister and her lot down in Brighton, . . . it wasn't worth hanging around for long so we went for a coffee then made good our escape.

Wasn't this on? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-30555569
    Yes, that's why we left the boy down there. He and his cousin actually got to take part in the parade, not too sure how. Probably best if we don't ask. Daughter wasn't feeling particularly well, recovering from some bug, so we took her home.