Christmas bike....

mpatts
mpatts Posts: 1,010
edited December 2014 in Road general
After much (necessary) delay waiting for various bits, I got a call yesterday saying my new team bike will be ready to pick up on Tuesday. it is a thing of ridiculous beauty - resplendent in much 2015 campag gear. To say that I am excited is somewhat of an understatement.

The question is, do I wrap it up and put it under the tree?
Insert bike here:

Comments

• well for me it would depend on a number of factors.
    1. will doing so make you happy?
    2. is there anyone who will make your life a misery if you do (i.e. other half/kids)?
    3. would you rather get out on it on tuesday rather than wait an extra few days?
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • mpatts
    MacLeod113 wrote:
    well for me it would depend on a number of factors.
    1. will doing so make you happy?
    2. is there anyone who will make your life a misery if you do (i.e. other half/kids)?
    3. would you rather get out on it on tuesday rather than wait an extra few days?

1) Yes

2) No (they may even join me!)

3) Yes, but it won't stop me wrappign it up!
    Insert bike here:
  • Could you wrap it in such a way that would enable you to ride it without unwrapping it?

xbox-bike.jpg
  • This was my best effort...

bmx.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    This was my best effort...

bmx.jpg

OOOOh what is that?
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • fudgey
    fudgey Posts: 854
    I got a bit ocd wrapping this cube kids 200 bike for my lads birthday last month. After 2 hours i got a bit bored and rushed the handlebars and seat

image_zpsa9bdea15.jpg

image_zps81d943a9.jpg

Took him about 5 mins to rip it all off..
    My winter bike is exactly the same as my summer bike,,, but dirty...
  • You could creatively wrap the new bicycle :? and ride it as such, just tell the curious people :shock: that you wanted it to be a surprise for you, on Christmas Day. :wink:
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • Thats a reminder i have new bikes for an 8 year old, 6 year old, a balance bike and scooter for a 2 year old. hope Asda/Tesco are doing their 15p rolls of wraping paper again this year :)
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • MacLeod113 wrote:
    Thats a reminder i have new bikes for an 8 year old, 6 year old, a balance bike and scooter for a 2 year old. hope Asda/Tesco are doing their 15p rolls of wraping paper again this year :)

Just exactly how are you pronouncing that!
    :shock:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    I bought a new MTB frame a couple of months ago and haven't had the time to build it up yet. The Mrs is moaning she hasn't bought me anything good for Christmas so I told her she could wrap my frame. I hope she doesn't, but only because I'm worried she might scratch it.
  • MacLeod113 wrote:
    Thats a reminder i have new bikes for an 8 year old, 6 year old, a balance bike and scooter for a 2 year old. hope Asda/Tesco are doing their 15p rolls of wraping paper again this year :)

Just exactly how are you pronouncing that!
    :shock:

oooopps!
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • My new bike came way too early to wrap up :(
  • mpatts
    Well,

I pick it up at lunchtime. As it's blowing a gale I'll ride around the office (barely anyone is in).
    Insert bike here:
  • Mine is awaiting a full fit at the shop - hopefully just after Christmas. I could pick it up now, but there's an ISP to cut down so I want to ensure it is absolutely correctly set up.

Look 695 Aerolight.
    Commute: Langster -Singlecross - Brompton S2-LX

Road: 95 Trek 5500 -Look 695 Aerolight eTap - Boardman TTe eTap

Offroad: Pace RC200 - Dawes Kickback 2 tandem - Tricross - Boardman CXR9.8 - Ridley x-fire
  • Enjoy the new bicycles, gents, hope that you get a lot of miles and smiles from them. Nothing quite like that new bike smell :roll:
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I bought a new MTB frame a couple of months ago and haven't had the time to build it up yet. The Mrs is moaning she hasn't bought me anything good for Christmas so I told her she could wrap my frame. I hope she doesn't, but only because I'm worried she might scratch it.
    What surprises me most here is that you've gone and owned up to having a 'new' frame. Was this something she was already aware of, or is this news to her? Have you gone for the old 'I've had it for ages' story or was it something you got 'in the pre-Christmas sales thinking it could be a present from someone'? :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Me-109 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    What surprises me most here is that you've gone and owned up to having a 'new' frame. Was this something she was already aware of, or is this news to her? Have you gone for the old 'I've had it for ages' story or was it something you got 'in the pre-Christmas sales thinking it could be a present from someone'? :D
    I treated everyone, including the Mrs, when I got an insurance payout earlier this year, the frame was my treat. I'm swapping everything over from my old bike except the forks (they are going on the boys bike), the wheels (learnt to build them myself), the groupset (she'll never know the difference) and the brakes (well, everything else is new). :mrgreen:
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    OP, photos??