Noob from South Wales !

RefEng
RefEng Posts: 5
edited February 2015 in MTB beginners
Hi All,

Just joined the MTB world and bike radar too. Just wanted to say hi (wave)

I have a Cube Analog 29er 2015 but am already wanting a full sus even after only 8 rides in Forest Of Dean. Wife says I will have to wait :( lol

Looking at some of the topics and threads on here you all have some awesome wheels :D

Happy Riding :)

Comments

• booldawg
    booldawg Posts: 290
    Welcome! You're certainly in the right part of the UK to be into MTB!

Easy to fall into a trap of never being satisfied with the bike you have; but then again different bikes for different rides. Can see a full suss being put to better use in Wales than it is where I live.

Went out for a pedal today with someone who has an aggressive HT. Now I want one of those!
    1999 Scott Vail - Work commute
    2015 Giant Anthem 27.5 SX - Weekend riding

East Hants MTB on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/288056017965343/
  • RefEng
    RefEng Posts: 5
    Yeah youre right it is a great area to be biking and lots of places to go.....

I think I see a diff bike every other week and think, " Ooo want one" lol.
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    RefEng wrote:
    Hi All,

Just joined the MTB world and bike radar too. Just wanted to say hi (wave)

I have a Cube Analog 29er 2015 but am already wanting a full sus even after only 8 rides in Forest Of Dean. Wife says I will have to wait :( lol

Looking at some of the topics and threads on here you all have some awesome wheels :D

Happy Riding :)

Where in South Wales are you? I am in north Cardiff and there are a lot of trails on my doorstep to explore!!
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    +1 for sticking with your current bike for a bit - it's tempting to think that a "better" bike will make you a better rider, but in reality you'll learn better technique and skills on a hardtail, then you can look at full sus when/if you find you'd actually benefit from it.

As well as lots of trail centres and great natural riding in south wales, we also have a good selection of clubs, facebook groups, etc, and riding with more experienced riders is a really good way to hone your skills.
  • where you from south wales,I'm just outside pontypridd,work in cardiff,always on the taff trail
  • Picked up this thread late as I've been offline for a while, but another welcome from a fellow South Walian! If you're ever anywhere near Cwmcarn give me a shout, it's virtually on my doorstep. I'm always up for riding with company!