What's the most you would risk cycling after?

2»

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    If you can walk, you can ride.....right? :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    I often cycle home after playing hockey and drinking all afternoon. I know my limits and some quiet roads...
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Too much ?
    You just know what's going to happen :roll:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... 18&fref=nf
  • Some guys try and ride home when they are completely legless. I now use Google StreetView to track them.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    Normally my limit is 2 pints but even then I'm ultra cautious - I've probably done it twice in the last year

Our midweek MTB wander is different - we'll head off from Epsom and then normally have 3 or 4 pints Dorking way and then wobble back. Last summer, just as we were arriving back in Epsom my friend fell and broke his collar-bone and left arm. There was also loads of blood too. I thought the best course of action was to get to another pub which was about 500 metres away and then call an ambulance. I managed to persuade my friend the best way to get to the pub was to gently get back on his bike and pedal towards the pub across the cricket pitch. Clearly the pain and blood was clouding his view as as we arrived just outside the pub garden he cycled straight into a ditch. The packed pub garden, previously unaware of the current injury status, erupted like cheering on a last minute FA Cup Final winner. Hats in the air and everything.

He didn't see the funny side as he broke his hip

He doesn't cycle with me anymore
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    edited February 2016
    thud
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    That reminds me. Vermin you will have a PM, involves drinking and cycling up norff.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That reminds me. Vermin you will have a PM, involves drinking and cycling up norff.

Ah, I guess if my inbox already contains 50 out of 50 messages, then new ones won't reach me, right? I'll delete some carp and see what turns up.