Garmin 510 & power meter

markynulty
markynulty Posts: 409
edited December 2014 in Road general
After 2 years of almost daily use, my 500 seems to have come to the end of its life. Firstly a tab snapped, so I bought a raceware repair kit. Now though, the battery wont even last two hours.

I am looking at either another 500 or a 510 as the replacement. I train with power (power2max type s) and was wondering if anyone else has been in rhe same boat? Which is the better unit for training with power? Are there still issues with the 510 dropping power data, or has this now been fixed?

Finally, I have an android tablet and would love the idea of bluetooth connectivity direct to training peaks. Has anyone used this? Does it work as easily as described in the pamphlets?

Cheers!

Comments

• djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    Using a 510 with Rotor Power for the past couple of weeks, prior to that with a Powertap for about 6 months. No problem with dropping data. It's a much better unit than the 500 (I had a 500 prior to this). After every ride I connect to my iPhone via Bluetooth which then uploads all data to Garmin Connect, Strava and Training Peaks immediately. Lubbly jubbly.