FS frame with swappable dropouts

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited December 2014 in MTB buying advice
After some advice for a friend of mine

He's building an E-bike and is looking for a suitable FS frame ideally with swappable/removeable dropouts, the plan is that he will make his own dropouts so that the torque reaction from the e-hub motor is better contained than using a torque arm acting on the chainstay tube.

Any suggestions for a suitable frame (ideally shortish travel and trail type geometry) would be appreciated.

So far he (we) have only found the GT i-drive5 and (a bit long on travel) a Labyrinth Agile.
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Nukeproof Mega, AM or TR
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Thanks RM, will have a look at those options with him.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Banshees and some Saracens have them, as does the DMR Bolt which comes in a "Long" version designed more for trail use. That's all I can remember of the top of my head.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8