Garmin edge 1000 no plug??

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited December 2014 in Road buying advice
Just got my garmin edge 1000 and there is no plug just the usb sync lead?? Is this right or should there be one in there ?
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• It would appear not from the handtec site.
    What's in the Box:

Garmin Edge 1000 (010-01161-01)
    Preloaded maps
    Mounts (standard and out-front)
    Tether
    USB cable
    Manuals

Whereas for the edge 810 there is mention of an ac charger

What's in the Box:

Garmin Edge 810 Classic:

Garmin Edge 810 (010-01063-01)
    Quarter-Turn Bike mount
    USB Cable
    Mains AC Charger
    Manual
  • sigorman85
    Yes I rece got rid of the 810 wish I knew this now ....but of a strange one this but I'm sure there is some logical reason
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• I guess the assumption is that everyone either has 10 USB chargers already (especially now it's the phone charger standard) or has a computer. I've got a house full of chargers so I'm quite glad when there isn't another in the box.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    You can use any USB plug, they all work on the same voltage.

Garmin expect you to have a computer, if you buy a 1000. It is a reasonable assumption and I am glad they didn't charge me £20 extra for yet another USB plug.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • nibby
    nibby Posts: 246
    You should get yourself one of those devices that allows you to plug in around 5 or 6 USB cables. One plug loads of charging for various devices.
  • You can buy UK wall sockets with additional USB sockets too - not a bad idea.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • I'm surprised any USB charged device comes with a plug these days. Most people will have a collection of them.
  • ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • sigorman85
    Cheers guys just thought it would be included as the 810 has one oh we'll never mind cheers for all the info