Painful Tuesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited December 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I'm in pain. All over. We played 6-a-side football last night as barely anyone showed up because of the FA Cup draw, and the cold. It was great fun, but ye Gods, you end up running round so much more! I think the next few days will involve lots of 'ow', 'oo' and 'ee'.

Work, then home for sod all.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Work meh which is looking like a long day and then hopefully nothing, as last nights nip and see a mate involved Stella :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning,
    Managed to wobble in to work this morning, definitely a bit chilly in the park. Saw some fool riding in shorts, definitely not shorts weather for me. Lovely day though, clear blue skies and cold, crisp air. Much better than grey and damp.
    Should be a rather calmer day in the office as we have one more member of staff than yesterday. I might actually manage some shirking today.
    In the spirit of which, I think I'll go and make myself a cup of tea.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    It's been Tuesday for far too long now. Today I will mostly be printing out a photo of my eyes and sticking them inside my glasses for some covert napping.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Up early as I fly out to our overseas office tonight (offsetting the jetlag by an hour before I even leave the country), waiting for the wife to be cleared to come home from Hospital but looking like I'll have to visit her before I go.

Wish me a good nights sleep in the cattle+ class cabin!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • veronese68
    Being a bitch of a day, but at least I don't have to fly to India. I am however going out for beer and curry tonight so all is not lost.
  • Well, that's 2 applications rejected.

FML
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Fell off twice on my ride to work on ice. Got told off by HR for calling the workshop manager a lazy, incompetent, obstructive idiot and suggesting that the first year apprentice could teach him to use a milling machine properly. I also told him that next time he smokes in the workshop I will put his cigarette out in his eye. Apparently that was unacceptable behaviour from me!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Fell off twice on my ride to work on ice. Got told off by HR for calling the workshop manager a lazy, incompetent, obstructive idiot and suggesting that the first year apprentice could teach him to use a milling machine properly. I also told him that next time he smokes in the workshop I will put his cigarette out in his eye. Apparently that was unacceptable behaviour from me!

Can't see a single thing wrong there
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    If you met the little to$$er you would say I didn't go far enough.
    HR are too concerned about hurting anyones feelings to do anything useful.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Evenin'

On the way back from free wine beer and food. Good conversation has been had and totty has been ogled. Job done, I'm off to bed now l :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • If you met the little to$$er you would say I didn't go far enough.
    Best thing I learned was that 'HR are there to protect the company, not the employee'
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    If you met the little to$$er you would say I didn't go far enough.
    Some time ago I got a warning for pinning someone to a desk, leaning on their throat and telling them I'd kill them if they came near me again. As I was given the warning the manager told me I should have hit him harder. Talk about mixed messages.